Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 PM

29 posts, read 57,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidancer View Post
Sam, I was thinking the very same thing.

The OP is obviously very young. All of the bad human behavior he has talked about can be found just about anywhere on the planet. I have only lived here for 8 months, but I have found the opposite to be true - I find that for the most part, folks around here are some of the warmest, friendliest people I've seen. The glass is either half full or half empty - its up to you to choose how you see it.
You literally have to be a sociopath to find any of the people here friendly -- I really don't want to seem rude, but people here are either in denial, turn a blind eye on the TRULY horrible ignorant things that occur here, or you are just not intelligent.

SWFL is VERY backwards, and people here are extremely rude. Think outside the box, this place is set-up for sociopaths.

Ask yourself this -- are you truly happy on the inside?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 AM

146 posts, read 375,482 times
I just don't know what to say. I could not disagree more.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:48 AM

616 posts, read 1,564,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1296426 View Post
You literally have to be a sociopath to find any of the people here friendly -- I really don't want to seem rude, but people here are either in denial, turn a blind eye on the TRULY horrible ignorant things that occur here, or you are just not intelligent.

SWFL is VERY backwards, and people here are extremely rude. Think outside the box, this place is set-up for sociopaths.

Got some experiences you'd like to share? Like what "TRULY horrible ignorant things"?

I too find the opposite true - for the most part, there are those that are rude; every town has their idiots...

Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 AM

297 posts, read 509,653 times
Quote:

You said you were deep, that you notice things that other dont notice. Did you notice you are the only one that feels this way?
What I noticed is that when someone disagrees with you, then you must use profanity to get your point across. You attack the poster not the idea, Perhaps you are dealing with an issue in your life that makes you very angry, dont know, not a doctor, you just come across as a very angry person.
I wish you good luck finding an area that the folks agree with you more than this area.
Possibly....because I am here because I want to be and you are here because you have to be, we have different outlooks on things.
Ask yourself this......Is it people and places make you truly happy inside? I guess its different for different folks. I tend to be the same where ever I live, when you go to the Phillipines, Col. or Fl. does you personality change?
Life is short, I know its a cliche but true. I hope you find what your looking for soon.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahltkd View Post
Got some experiences you'd like to share? Like what "TRULY horrible ignorant things"?

I too find the opposite true - for the most part, there are those that are rude; every town has their idiots...
Meh, I find that far from the truth. This place definitely as alot more rude people than others... I feel as if people who say that "every town has it's idiots" are just sweeping the problem under the rug of what's happening in SWFL. Cape Coral is my choice if I had to live here, because it's the least worst but still bad IMO.

@Beak Boater: Thanks, I'm going thru counseling now. My current situations are just really tough to figure out, but the well wishes do mean a lot, thanks.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM

297 posts, read 509,653 times
Hang in there.....its going to get better.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Sorry, my anger got the best of me. So why did you ignore the rest of my post? Because of my anger?
I'm sorry too. Maybe some of the folks here are not very quick witted. I noticed some don't seem to get jokes too well. Could be my sense of humor. But I don't sense rudeness. I haven't been here that long. Also coming from the NYC area where often people won't even look at you, the people in this area seem friendly to me.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak Boater View Post
Hang in there.....its going to get better.
It's so tough. I feel like I can't be myself here because I am dis-respected and treated like garbage everywhere I go. And I KNOW inside that I am a logistical, rational, very humble and nice person... I was raised right. I'm not an idiot though either and I know what's going on around me, and it's just hard to deal with. I'm trying to go into a field where I want to help and give back to people, but moving here and seeing how these people treat themselves and others is beyond disgusting, and they treat me like this as well. I'm so sick of it. I'm always in a bad mood here and it doesn't help that I go back to my dorm, and I hate living here. Things aren't designed in a logical matter -- the faults here are so tremendous. I've basically come to the conclusion that someone trying to build their morals and build successfully and professionally cannot live here. People are a mix of rude, and fake, and the local government and local designers have set-up this place to be like that.

I'm so sick of it here, I've gained so many pounds and Ive been so depressed. I can't take it much longer and frankly I'm so stuck. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:51 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
It's so tough. I feel like I can't be myself here because I am dis-respected and treated like garbage everywhere I go. And I KNOW inside that I am a logistical, rational, very humble and nice person... I was raised right. I'm not an idiot though either and I know what's going on around me, and it's just hard to deal with. I'm trying to go into a field where I want to help and give back to people, but moving here and seeing how these people treat themselves and others is beyond disgusting, and they treat me like this as well. I'm so sick of it. I'm always in a bad mood here and it doesn't help that I go back to my dorm, and I hate living here. Things aren't designed in a logical matter -- the faults here are so tremendous. I've basically come to the conclusion that someone trying to build their morals and build successfully and professionally cannot live here. People are a mix of rude, and fake, and the local government and local designers have set-up this place to be like that.

I'm so sick of it here, I've gained so many pounds and Ive been so depressed. I can't take it much longer and frankly I'm so stuck. I just don't know what to do anymore.
If it helps, I felt the same way when I lived in Southwest Florida. I lived in the general vicinity where you live and I hated it. It got to the point where I didn't want to go out of my house. I've lived in New England, Orlando and now Tennessee and I thrived, had lots of friends, but not there. People were rude in stores and often hostile on the road. It was nuts. However, I do think Cape Coral does not have close to the vibe that is in the area of San Carlos and FGCU. It's like an entirely different world. Sorry, but I don't think it is you.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 AM

199 posts, read 568,086 times
I guess its all a matter of perspective. I was born in Boston, grew up in MA, raised my kids in NH and then lived in the DC area for 4 years. And I always felt out of place up there. When I moved down to Cape Coral last spring, for the first time in my life I felt I was where I belonged. I find people extremely polite and friendly here, much more so than up north. The pace is slower, but I like that, too. I think that anyone who has experienced the rat race of the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic would probably agree.

KC, you mentioned something about being 'stuck' here. I have no idea what your situation is, but I'm guessing it has to do with school. If so, its temporary. Just hang in there and try to make the best of it. Ten years from now you'll look back on it and be glad you did. Trust me on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area