Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,305,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmack View Post
Boy, this thread is a perfect example of how far this forum has fallen. The level of sarcasm and disrespect is shocking. Those with agendas targeted at badmouthing the area for absolutely no reason appear to be multiplying!

Where on earth is the moderator?!
I agree. I really did not want this thread to get out of hand. Obviously for some people Fort Myers is heaven, for others well not so much. I wanted this thread to be informative for potential families moving here. I hope nothing but good things for Fort Myers and Cape Coral, however at the rate it is going, I believe this area will closely resemble the east coast Ft. Lauderdale / Miami area sooner than later. For some that may be a good thing for other not so much.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
I agree. I really did not want this thread to get out of hand. Obviously for some people Fort Myers is heaven, for others well not so much. I wanted this thread to be informative for potential families moving here. I hope nothing but good things for Fort Myers and Cape Coral, however at the rate it is going, I believe this area will closely resemble the east coast Ft. Lauderdale / Miami area sooner than later. For some that may be a good thing for other not so much.
I think you are wrong.
One thing no one ever considers is Cuba. When the regime falls and the country opens back up to the rest of the world. many many people (specially the one's with money) are going to boogaloo and South florida will turn in to a waste land.
No one every considers Cuba but they should when thinking about the future prospects of this area!
When Cuba changes they are going to have very low taxes and all the money is going to Boogaloo

Old 01-04-2013, 07:57 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,305,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoomer View Post
Look at the latest threads:

• Why Fort Myers / Lee county is a HORRIBLE place to raise a family
  • Snobs, In-sincere, & rude people?
  • Why is Fort Myers such a ghetto
I don't know if the people who start these threads are trolls or are simply miserable failures with nothing better to do. Even the good threads always have the malcontents who never let a chance go by to say something negative.

I've seen it on one forum where the moderator set up a special category for negative threads so that the people interested in the positive threads could easily avoid all the naysayers and their trash talk--maybe it's time for that to be done here.
Maybe there is a large number of negative threads about a certain area because there is at least a shred of truth to them? I often frequent the Alaska forum and don't see any negativity, same with Montana. This is a relocation forum and should include the good the bad and the ugly. If people want to hear only positive things about a place they should contact the tourism office. I am sure they would be happy to send a brochure. Families should be able to read this in order to make an educated decision on something as important as moving. Too many have already fell for the trap thinking it was all sunshine and palm trees and many kids have suffered for it. This is not a kid friendly place ESPECIALLY Cape Coral. Bottom line is IMHO, I do not think this is a good place to raise kids. I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. Thats what makes this country great (ok kind of great we really have been dropping the ball lately )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area