Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 10:51 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,922 times

Advertisements

This thread is going off the rails.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:36 AM

14,952 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juntjoo View Post
Lately I've been doing things on my lawn. Not the past 18 months. But it's not "free" time. There's "work" involved. But ANYWAY....

Even tho no one is as concerned with the subject as much as correcting me and my misbehaving ways like good little bees repairing and maintaining the hive, I will note that just tonight, my older cat went over there for his second dinner. He came back and his collar was gone. I almost stormed over once and for all but stopped myself. I need a plan. Need to think this through. Some time goes by, maybe two hours. Did a couple things then go to pet my cat and his collar was back on. GPS and security/spy camera! Want them for other purposes anyway. I just want to find a solution when I confront them but won't if they can deny it. So I just need to collect some good evidence.
Go ahead and go over there. It'd be a perfect time for them to tell you to keep your damned cat off their property.

And to add to the information they will be telling the Animal Control folks when they contact them about the roaming cat its irresponsible owner will not take responsibility for keeping under control.

Actually, I think your implied threats against the neighbors on whose property your cat is trespassing are pretty funny.

Tell you what. If you are determined your cat should have free range and roam at will, maybe you ought to consider buying a farm with lots of acreage, and letting him become a mouser.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Paradise View Post
I too had a creepy neighbor who liked to lock my cat on her back porch area. She used to take off his collar too. Multiple times... Multiple replacement collars. Once she came down and told me he was limping. No limp. Told me I should get him fixed. He ALREADY is fixed. ( I think she had him confused with another cat ) Usually this cat is inside my home, since I am only cat sitting for my daughter till she is done with graduate school, I want his safe inside. But he does escapes probably once or twice a month. Usually for just an hour or so and he is back at the front door meowing.

Unfortunately in the new world of social media, everyone thinks they can do or say whatever they want. Everyone is always judging and nebbing. If you want your cats safe, inside is the only option. If they get out,then we gave to deal with all the interference.
Serious question, why do you think a neighbor would do that to a roaming cat? I can see being annoyed if the cat is using my garden as a litter box, which involves not only the stink but the little dahlings tend to dig up the plants too, and spraying the house, cars ( a couple of pet cats allowed to roam in our old neighborhood used to do this), but I'd never hurt the cat or even try to confine him in any way. I'd speak to his owner first and try to resolve the problem.

I can see no problem with a pet cat that occasionally gets out, it happens sometimes, often despite the best intentions of the owner to keep them where the are supposed to be. The only problem is that roaming dogs or cats are subject to the hazards of the outdoors, predators, speeding vehicles and even humans whose solution to ridding the area of unwanted "varmints"( of any kind, even roaming pets) is to kill them one way or the other. And the more frequently the pet is allowed to roam, the higher the risks are. The other consideration is that domestic animals used to being cared for, fed may lose their own survival instincts and not do well when they're roaming. That's one of the biggies folks are always reminded of as a reason NOT to let a pet go in the wild when they can't keep them or don't want them anymore.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:36 PM

179 posts, read 347,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSnow4me View Post
Doubtful. I think this is the most successful troll thread I've seen on these forums.

I'm starting to think the same thing. A troll getting his or her jollies. Between this thread, the thread about the garbage collectors taking the plants, and the thread over the mysterious beeps ...... The poster is either a huge troll, a perpetual complainer, or as another poster said in the "beeping" thread, he or she did too much acid in the 60s.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:22 PM

113 posts, read 104,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
If you don't live the rules, don't play the game. Your cat will end up with the short end of the stick every time and to think that you don't care makes me ill.

I don't need to be cootie-free, but I don't want your cat roaming in my yard. If I was your neighbor I might talk to you once about the cat; if nothing changed, off to AC he'd go.

Worst a bb gun? Do you have any idea just how much damage an untreated bb wound can cause? do you even care? No, I'm guessing you don't.

Keep your cat inside and you wont' have to worry about him.

Spoken like a natural sheep. ...Then the rubber bb's whatever.

Honestly I'd rather see cats fighting and fornicating in the streets rather than a bunch of brain dead puppets parroting each other "follow the rules.. follow the rules... are you following the rules? Be sure to report those that aren't following them . ... Your responsibilities according to civil code bla bla section bla are as follows.... Have a splendid day & hail master(fill in the blank). I dare any of you robots to do something illegal and drop some "schedule 1" LSD or better yet DMT. OMG! Did he just say drop acid? You know what the gov't and television say about that! REPORT HIM IMMEDIATELY!!!

for all you rule rules obsessed, here's a a little red pill for you:

https://youtu.be/bwqa1mCt3tM

Wake up. You ask think the same for a reason, and it's not your individuality.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
OP is a twit..best just to ignore it at this point.
I dare you

Old 05-21-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfitzger14750 View Post
Thanks for the morning laughs. It was getting kind of dull here on the forum. Is this person for real? Would make a good D class movie. I vote to keep both the cats and his owner under house arrest.
The a hole that walks into a room and ridicules the host like he's not in the room is always the character who the axe murderer gets first. No I'm not the axe murderer I'm just crossing my fingers tho there is one.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
No, you need to keep your cat in your yard. What you're failing to see is that even if you call the police or AC with your 'evidence', you're the one they are going to ticket. Not your neighbor; you don't even know if it's your neighbor messing with his collar! Cat collar are made to be 'break away' and he may have caught it on something.

His second dinner might come as a surprise to the both of you...people in this area poison stray/roaming cats.
I'm not calling the police. Duh. I'm looking for reasoning outside the box. I'm trying to control my anger to get the best outcome. I've got to investigate more first. I still find it hard there could be more than one person like this who would be out to get someone for having his cat free. But after all your responses, I'm starting to realize the magnitude of this phenomena of the hive mindset that has in its program to turn the members against anyone who threatens the integrity of the hive.

What we have here is someone breaking a rule and theoretically polluting and infecting the community maybe terrorizing the wildlife and other horrific crimes, ...

then we have someone else clearly deceptively tampering with another person and their relationship with their pets thereby further compromising their security

(breaking GPS units? And you want say a cat is not safe enough outside a house then again I say put yourself in a cage. Everyone has their own choice between risk vs reward. Your way wins by status quo, numbers of millions/trillions of copies of the same mindsets. NOT because you're right. If you don't have an inkling of an idea about modern day 1st -2nd/3rd world slavery of mind and body you're just not equipped to respond. Read something alternative, taboo even, if you dare. Have a real understanding of what it means to "think outside the box". It means way more than a poster in your high school to show you your local gov't wants you to do well. Then come back)

UNnecessarilly. Just because they're being evil. I could have told you I J-walked and you'd all be just as up-in-arms. Evil vs defiant.... vs robots = systematic correction. You guys doing great.

And good news, you're winning. I'm starting to consider alternatives. Maybe

Old 05-21-2016, 03:00 PM

Yup. Troll. Nuff said. Goes on the Ignore list.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:31 PM

https://youtu.be/bDw4lsPDEho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area