Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,317 times

Advertisements

Well the hood chick got exposed by channel 2 last year. The one that got divorced finally admitted she wasn't gettin any money yet doesn't work and has a large crib on Sugarloaf? That's pretty typical for how people put on to be more than what they are here in Atlanta though. My lady has me watching this mess and it seems so fake to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 09:25 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
For those unaware, he is referring to the show "The Real Housewives of Atlanta", which just starting airing season 2 on the Bravo channel tonight.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:35 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,371,962 times
God that show makes me nauseous. Can't someone gag those women? Please?

Old 07-31-2009, 12:24 PM

550 posts, read 1,637,783 times
I didn't watch season 1, so last night was my initiation to the show. Obviously all the women do work, the show pays them... duh.

But before y'all rip on just the gals, tell me the supposed 'event planner' guy is not real. He said to his client, and I quote:

Quote:
I am a *top* executive and *you* need to *respect* my *top!*
Come on now! This has to be fake! They had the same guy call into the 'aftershow' and he was carrying on in the same manner, no one in their right mind would hire that guy after seeing that episode! I suspect he's a paid actor.

Somewhat hilarious for the over-the-topness of it all... for a couple hours last night the show, Atlanta, and the names of the women from the show held the top 7/10 'currently trending' topics on twitter - which may or maynot indicate a strong following, depending upon your view of twitter's reverence. The last time I saw a TV event dominate twitter like that was the MJ memorial service.

Where is Sugarhill located?

Last edited by StPaulEastSider; 07-31-2009 at 12:35 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 12:27 PM

1,037 posts, read 2,048,001 times
I think that the show is a terrible representation of the city of Atlanta. I am a Charlotte native however I lived in Atlanta for 4 years and i have to say that you guys have every right to be embarassed. I know that if they ever did a real housewives of Charlotte I would be writing several angry letters to the producers of the show for showing drama instead of showing the truth.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post
Where is Sugarhill located?
It's a community just south of Buford, near Peachtree Industrial and Highway 20.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:54 PM

927 posts, read 2,226,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
I think that the show is a terrible representation of the city of Atlanta. I am a Charlotte native however I lived in Atlanta for 4 years and i have to say that you guys have every right to be embarassed. I know that if they ever did a real housewives of Charlotte I would be writing several angry letters to the producers of the show for showing drama instead of showing the truth.

Yeah, these shows play on the various stereotypes of each city. Unfortunately, that's what's entertaining for apparently a lot of ppl.

I was upset initially because they mostly feature women with some kind of affiliation (aka were baby mamas) with someone in sports or entertainment. While Atlanta has its share of succesful black folks from the entertainment industry, it is the only metro, with maybe the exception of Chicago or DC, that has so many successfull black folks OUTSIDE sports and entertainment. Black business owners (Baranco, HJ Russell, etc.), lawyers and doctors, people with rich political lineages (MLK, Maynard Jackson,) and community/church folk (Creflo, Eddie Long, Hosea Williams' daughter) are in the ATL in numbers seen nowhere else.

I just had to resign myself to the fact that respectable people with REAL pull probably wouldn't want or need to get on a reality show like that.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
I just had to resign myself to the fact that respectable people with REAL pull probably wouldn't want or need to get on a reality show like that.
You are so right!

The truly sucessful people don't need or even want the attention that this show gives. The people featured on this show are a bunch of materialistic shallow attention seekers strutting their stuff for the cameras. It's nauseating.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:07 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Of course it's fake. It's called camp, and it's totally entertaining IMO.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:08 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
You are so right!

The truly sucessful people don't need or even want the attention that this show gives. The people featured on this show are a bunch of materialistic shallow attention seekers strutting their stuff for the cameras. It's nauseating.
Yes....but still hi-larious!

People don't truly think that they are an accurate representation of Atlanta. No more so than the other Real Housewives accurately depict life in those locales. If someone is so asinine as to think that it is true, then let me them keep believing, for their opinion is moot.

It's just entertainment; terrible, trashy entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta