Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,398 times

Advertisements

I had to write you as I also just moved from Michigan to SW Florida. I fully understand your frustration. I am currently staying in Pelican Bay in Naples at a friends condo and I am looking for a place to rent to own in either Bonita Springs or Naples area. I can give you a lot of input. Let me know if you are stilling looking.

Denise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 06:34 PM

20 posts, read 168,864 times
We just recently moved to Florida. We are renting a home and will be buying a home in San Carlos Park (right off Hwy. 41) which is South Fort Myers, so far so good. My son will be going to the Charter School in Bonita but that is only up to 8th grade. We haven't had any problems with crime and all our neighbors seem really nice. I am happy here it is close to almost anything.

We were warned by a realtor to avoid the areas of San Carlos Park that are rental areas and not to purchase a home near there, but the realtor that we worked with were very helpful and informative about this particular area.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:57 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Southwest Florida is not as bad as some people make it. It has grown real fast in the last 4 or 5 years and it needs to play catch up. Definatly rent before you buy! Stay out of the areas with duplexes.
I travel all over southwest Florida for work so there are good places and bad in every town. Take your time looking. Try to get as close to work as you can because traffic is bad. They will get the roads better eventualy but it takes time and money.
I would pick Cape Coral over Lehigh but everyone has different tastes.
Good Luck.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:28 PM

3 posts, read 10,125 times
Hi Wendy, I have been thinking of moving down there for two years to fort myers and am finally probably going. I was there in April and do not think crime is any worse than anywhere else I have been. It cannot be worse than Michigan, where I live now. It is busy, but once you are out of the city it is not. It is your typical city. Where are you living now?? Hope I can answer some of your questions. terri

Old 08-19-2007, 07:31 PM

Hi Bigr, I am from Michigan and was just reading your post. I have been thinking of moving down to fort myers for about 2 years now and am probably finally going. I have not been to the cape, but here it is nice. I will probably rent an apartment near my possible job near broadway and winkler. Do you know how renter's insurance is down there?? Any tips will help me. I pretty much know the area and have everything mapped out, but any advice would help. Thanks!! Terri

Old 08-19-2007, 07:35 PM

Hi Denise, I am from Michigan too and am probably moving down soon as Michigan is a dying breed. I have a good job, well that is until next month. I do transcription and already have a job if I want it at Radiology Regional Center. Any tips for moving down would be helpful. I am leaving my friends and family, but at this point is one option and may not have much of a choice. I really have wanted to be in the florida anyway for a while. thanks terri

Old 08-19-2007, 07:58 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Southwest Florida is not as bad as some people make it. It has grown real fast in the last 4 or 5 years and it needs to play catch up. Definatly rent before you buy! Stay out of the areas with duplexes.
I travel all over southwest Florida for work so there are good places and bad in every town. Take your time looking. Try to get as close to work as you can because traffic is bad. They will get the roads better eventualy but it takes time and money.
I would pick Cape Coral over Lehigh but everyone has different tastes.
Good Luck.
Cape Coral and Lehigh have changed alot. I don't think I would live in either area. But I would say the cape has a little less crime reported. South Fort Myers has some nice areas, San Carlos Park is a older area kind of like Cape Coral with out the canals, But you do have Three Oaks and Gateway (nice areas)right there near I-75 that would get you to work must faster. From Cape Coral it would a slow ride and double in season.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:52 PM

246 posts, read 1,018,970 times
I live in Cape Coral and most schools are A or A+.

Cape is now the 4th safest city with over 100,000.

www.nbc-2.com/newslinks/070816_safecities.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-19-2007, 10:09 PM

354 posts, read 1,273,411 times
If you can afford Naples - Bonita Springs - Very nice.

I would skip Lehigh Acres

Cape Coral has some nice areas

Old 08-20-2007, 06:05 AM

93 posts, read 284,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
I live in Cape Coral and most schools are A or A+.

Cape is now the 4th safest city with over 100,000.

www.nbc-2.com/newslinks/070816_safecities.pdf (broken link)
I live in Cape Coral and the crime is very bad. Also the schools are not good. Some people will say anything to sell ! That list is from 2005 two years ago it might have been right. But ALOT has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area