Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 01:46 PM

6 posts, read 20,575 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Rochester Minnesota and i have family in ft myers... im lookin at FGCU and EDISON college in ft myers. I wanna live in a safe place that has nice houses for rent in nice neighborhoods... i am going down to fl in a couple days to look at places im mostly looking in cape coral and ft myers... i was just wondering if one will be better then the other or if there is another nice place near by... (remember i will be driving almost daily to ft myers for school.) Anyways i also have a motorcycle so i was just wondering if there was any nice roads anywhere in the area to ride on without worrying about so many cars... we have quiet a few of those here in rochester or near by and i herd fl has some but noone can giv eme a straight answer for this area... Anyways overall i just wanna know what some nice parts of town are so i can look in the right aarea when i go down there and i will also be lookin for a part time job while in school i have a lot of exp in retial sales and such so im thinkin that shouldnt be to hard. Im 20 year old male and im moving down there with a 19 year old female who is a hair stylist and will be looking for a nice salon to work at. All the info you have will be greatly apprechiated. THANKS!

NEED HOUSE NOT APARTMENT. AND DONT WANT STUDENT LIVING. - need garage and safe enviroment

Last edited by hellerud; 12-05-2008 at 03:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 02:22 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,787,713 times
That commute from Cape Coral won't be pleasant, especially in the winter.

There are plenty of apartment complexes near FGCU/Edison that are full of students.

My kid goes to school there and has a part time retail job that just cut her hours. The job market is terrible, even in retail.

Traffic is crazy in general, worse in the winter. I can't give advice on motorcycle riding options.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:46 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,916,506 times
if your looking at attending those schools you will want to be in fort myers. there are a lot of places to live. even a lot of places with college students. like college club apartments they range from $450 - $550. now is a good time to pick up a sublet for 6 months.

theres a lot of groups of bikers for all kinds. most commonly people go east and ride the back roads along lake Okeechobee.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:03 PM

i forgot to add i want a house. i dont want an apartment i have a lot of nice stuff i need a garage. and i will have a roomate and possibly a nother one i found a lot of nice 3 beds 3 baths in cape coral. idk what part of ft myers to look at for the good area.. i dont care if i have a 20 minute drive to school everyday i just wanna be in a safe and nice part of town i can afford 950 a month for rent. b4 utilities and such.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:30 AM

hmmm no one?!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:09 AM

16 posts, read 53,985 times
Cape Coral and Ft Meyers Both have high crime

Cape Coral Resident

Bill Tams

Old 12-15-2008, 09:00 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,467 times
take a look at Paseo FM, just off off Daniels/Palamino/Penzance

3/4 bed townhouses go for about that rent, double garages...with shared pool in backyard on the quads

lots of other cutting edge facilities...unusual place

Old 12-22-2008, 06:26 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
I graduated from FGCU, they have a few select programs that are very competitive and most everything else is very weak. All in all I was very happy with the quality of education there.

From a location perspective you want to be somewhere between Daniels pwky (North) and Bonita Beach Rd (South) and preferably on the West side of US 41. Use Craigslist, it's your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area