Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:37 AM

530 posts, read 1,460,557 times

Advertisements

Didnt say it should be high on the police list. Theres noise ordinace againts loud music 50 to 100 feet. If I can hear your music two streets over then isnt it obvious its to loud, but people who blast music only think of themselves. I dont expect it to be feather drop quiet, but its very annoying. So now I wear head phones or turn my tv up louder to drown out the igornance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 01:34 PM

30 posts, read 155,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamworksSKG View Post
I think any yankees fans caught with loud music should be put in Boston in pinstripes and be forced to fend for themselves :-)

Yankess Suck :-)

-Jeff-
Winchester, MA

haha, I can definitely agree with that one. I hate most Yankees fans. Some of them are actually fun to talk to about the rivalry. Surprisingly, not all Yankees fans are idiots, but the ones that are, I would not mind seeing them get sent to Boston in pinstripes. Those fans have no chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
Didnt say it should be high on the police list. Theres noise ordinace againts loud music 50 to 100 feet. If I can hear your music two streets over then isnt it obvious its to loud, but people who blast music only think of themselves. I dont expect it to be feather drop quiet, but its very annoying. So now I wear head phones or turn my tv up louder to drown out the igornance.
That is definitely understandable. Two streets over is quite ridiculous. I do agree that the police need to actually enforce the noise ordinance rule, otherwise there is really no point in having it. I don't blast my music so loud that people can here it two streets over. There is no need for the music to be that loud. You shouldn't be forced to have to wear head phones or turn up the volume on your TV, that is ridiculous too. I didn't know the problem was that bad that you are forced to do that. The only problems we ever have at my house are people that just drive by and for a few seconds I can hear the music and/or feel the vibrations from the bass. It does happen multiple times a day, but I guess I have gotten used to it.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:53 PM

136 posts, read 417,929 times
As I read this, I am listening to my neighbors nasty, ugly, pain in the butt Laradoodle across the street incessently barking non stop at nothing what so ever. I would take a blaring stereo anyday, LOL!!!!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawr View Post
As I read this, I am listening to my neighbors nasty, ugly, pain in the butt Laradoodle across the street incessently barking non stop at nothing what so ever. I would take a blaring stereo anyday, LOL!!!!
I hate that. My uncle lives in SW CC and every time someone attempts to swim in his pool, there are four dogs that live behind his house that go crazy. It is extremely annoying. My uncle has to call the owners to take the dogs inside. I hate it. I would prefer a loud stereo any day as well.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:23 PM

61 posts, read 220,047 times
I'm 52 now but remember doing the same thing. (But you could only squeeze so much juice out of an 8 track ).

My kids were that way as well but their hearing is fine. Amazing how deaf they can be when you try to teach 'em something though.

Every once in a while I'll hear one of these "stereos on wheels" come shaking down the street in the middle of the night. It isn't the volume of the music that bothers so much as the "bass" which rattles the walls.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 PM

Yes my sons who's 19 has great hearing when he wants lol. I find this whole thread got somewhat trivial. Theres so many other important things going on than loud music from a passing car. My husband cant stand my sons bass but doesnt go on about it. Now if you have a neighbor disturbing the peace at all hours thats a diff story!

Old 04-17-2009, 07:46 PM

128 posts, read 648,258 times
Ric, did you have that pack of matches set just right under the 8-track tape to have it play right? LOL I'm not sure some of the younger posters on here know what an 8-track is.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 PM

LOLOL I dooooooooooo. Spent many of nights in the late 70's listening to Foghat, LZ etc, ; )

Old 04-17-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner69 View Post
Ric, did you have that pack of matches set just right under the 8-track tape to have it play right? LOL I'm not sure some of the younger posters on here know what an 8-track is.
haha, I know what an 8-track is. I have heard several stories.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:08 PM

5 posts, read 25,651 times
Thats the nature of kids down there, there isn' t much down there for them. This is a quick way for them to feel a sense of identity and attention. the kids are trying to stand out so they can be seen outside of all the older folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area