Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 06:58 AM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times

Advertisements

Capital Grille and Del Frisco's are both nationwide chains. If you're looking for local places, Grace, Reata, Ellerbee's, Lannys Alta Cocina, and the Cafe Modern are all excellent and unique to Fort Worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 PM

342 posts, read 798,898 times
Thanks everyone

Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 AM

49 posts, read 64,146 times
if you want to avoid national chains I suggest that you explore the magnolia ave. area. w 7th street also has a lot of privately owned places.
if you want a true texas dining experience, try fred's texas café. it is off of w 7th on currie. it is a hole in the wall in the middle of a new mixed use development. they serve great steaks, and burgers and have great live music there as well. also there is never a cover.
any trip to fort worth is not complete without visiting the cultural district. the kimbell art museum, amon carter museum of western art, museum of science and history, museum of modern art, and the cowgirl hall of fame are all located within walking distance of each other. growing up here I thought that every city had museums of this quality, boy was I wrong. each one mentioned is a world class gem! the stock show will be going on at the same time in that area. it would make for a good day.
the area where you are staying is right in the heart of sundance square. there is a ton of shopping, bars and restaurants all within walking distance. it is one of the safest parts of town.
enjoy your trip to cowtown, where the west begins!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM

7 posts, read 10,750 times
if you are planning on driving anywhere please check the construction! Fort worth is in the middle of MAJOR construction and I mean major! Downtown is wonderful, the Bass Brothers have done a fabulous job of keeping it safe with their own bicycle security, with that said you still have to use good judgement. There are many homeless at the watergardens expecially at night and when it is cold due to proximity of shelter. If you get a chance and you like theater see what is available at the Bass Hall, it is absolutely beautiful, you can also tour there. Look up online to see for yourself if you think it is something you would like to see. Going to stockyards, try not to be suckered into buying boots, clothing etc, very,very overpriced because to tell the truth many tourists will pay. Have lived here all my life and many family worked in stockyards and downtown. I feel you and your wife will certainly enjoy seeing all the architrectural details of downtown, very beautiful downtown. Plus we are the friendliest people around, just stop anyone on the street they will be more than happy to help! Hope you have a great time.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 PM

7 posts, read 10,750 times
if you try to drive to Dallas Cowboy Stadium, Ranger stadium is very close but the traffic is horrible!

Old 01-18-2013, 07:40 PM

342 posts, read 798,898 times
In Fort Worth now. Have eaten at cowtown diner, Oliver's, risckys and reatas so far. Amazing food and great people. Have played rockwood and waterchase golf courses. Getting around has been great, whether it be walking or driving. Architecture in the city has been amazing and I have the pics to prove it . Looking forward to the parade tomorrow, the water gardens and the stockyards. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and ideas

Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
I'm so glad that you at having a good time, and you are experiencing the best of Fort Worth! The parade today had the best weather in several years, and the photos looked great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth