Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM

12 posts, read 24,737 times

Advertisements

Last time I posted here we were considering moving to Loveland area in Colorado.
Things change and now it looks like Fort Worth.
Need suggestions for where about to start looking.
I am in transport(dispatcher) so somewhere near there would be great but not mandatory.
In a perfect world we would like 4/5 bed 3 bath on tree lined street with a slightly larger block(chickens) and car enthusiast so need room.($300,000's)
Wife likes big cities so that opens up a bit.
We would prefer a cooler side if there was one as we like snow.
Asking a lot right?
No kids yet but planned for 1 in future.
She loves to shop.
So I asked for the impossible give me some help if u can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 PM

49 posts, read 64,146 times
first off, if you are looking for snow, this is not the place. I believe we had about an inch on Christmas day and less than that about a week ago. that will likely be it for the year. although you never know. we can go through winter and never see any snow. to get a real feel for the climate here, you need to visit in july or august when the weather is miserably hot.

second, 300k will get you a decent house in most parts of town. 4/5,3 is certainly feasible. you should look into the Fairmont, Arlington Heights, TCU, or Oakhurst areas. these are established neighborhoods, relatively near to downtown with older, well maintained houses. you will be more likely to have neighbors with chickens in Fairmont.

third, this is a big city, there is lots of shopping to go around.

fourth, when schools become an issue, you will fare better outside of the FWISD and in the suburbs.

good luck in your search. but be sure to visit here in the summertime.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,420 times
Being a car enthusiast also, I would look at West Kennedale, Rendon ,Mansfield and Burleson areas. A lot of the houses have outdoor shops, barns and garages. Larger lots and several houses in that price range. Good schools. Some areas frown on cars sitting around but these are more forgiving.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:39 PM

12 posts, read 24,737 times
Appreciate your thoughts guys thank you.
We are coming from ST George Utah where 100 is the average temp in Summer and it will never be hotter than here.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,176,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickmeup View Post
We are coming from ST George Utah where 100 is the average temp in Summer and it will never be hotter than here.
I respectfully disagree with that. You guys might hit 100 during the summer, but I'm guessing at night it cools off into the 60s or 70s. That doesn't happen here. We have weeks and months of it reaching 100+ every day, and it's not unusual for it to still be 90+ at 9:00 or 10:00 PM at night. Plus add in the humidity that you don't have in Utah and it's even worse.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:36 PM

49 posts, read 64,146 times
I have lived in both Utah and dfw. trust me, it is way more miserable here in the summer. the humidity and the fact that it doesn't cool down at night are the two biggest differences.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:46 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
Quote:
Sorry Gotta agree with the everyone else who lives here!! Summers in St George are no comparison to summers here.
It doesn not cool down at night when the sun goes down, it is alos not alot cooler in the shade, and the breezes are not helpful!

High desert heat is different than North Texas heat! Seriously!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth