Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 02:46 PM

4 posts, read 5,687 times

Advertisements

what's up with bedford tx.public transportation.it is like back in the dark ages.only bus service takes three whole days to book ahead then won't pick you up if they overbooked.they're run by a local ageny that has a monopoly on transit.so you sit sit three days or walk.came from dallas where busses run all day all nite. i'm new here and feel like i moved to hooterville .only thing missing is lisa and mr. douglas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 03:43 PM

11,880 posts, read 26,959,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indygranny View Post
what's up with bedford tx.public transportation.it is like back in the dark ages.only bus service takes three whole days to book ahead then won't pick you up if they overbooked.they're run by a local ageny that has a monopoly on transit.so you sit sit three days or walk.came from dallas where busses run all day all nite. i'm new here and feel like i moved to hooterville .only thing missing is lisa and mr. douglas.
Bedford is not a member of Tarrant County public transit. Very few cities besides Fort Worth are members. If this was such a big deal for you, you should have investigated this before moving to Bedford...

Old 12-02-2013, 11:36 AM

394 posts, read 1,259,166 times
Quote:
...came from dallas where busses run all day all nite. i'm new here and feel like i moved to hooterville .only thing missing is lisa and mr. douglas.
"Hooterville."

I like that. From this day forward, I will refer to my beloved Bedford as Hooterville! My only question is where I can go to view some good old Green Acres (Petticoat Junction?) episodes?

-Old Man Hooter

Old 12-02-2013, 01:24 PM

24,772 posts, read 11,112,432 times
As resident of Hooterville you can make your concerns about lack of public transportation known to your representative. If public transportation is a necessity for you this is not your place.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:02 PM

so your really not welcome here unless you have personal transportation.is that how it works?and coming from an updated area where city buses run 24-7 it will be a pleasure getting back to cilvilization soon.no one is without transportation in my former neighborhood.people go about their day and can get across town in 20 min.or less.i really didn't believe there were areas without bus service so why would i think to investigate that?what i've learned from talking to some of the "folk" here is some locals believe only minorities and a"bad element ride city buses. college professors ride buses.some do just to save on parking,gas,ect.investment bankers ride,simply because they'd rather not deal with traffic.other well educated,well groomed people sit on the bus next to minorities and carry on a conversation with them.i been there.saw that.of course this is only my enlightened opinion brought about through actual experience .closing your town off will not keep the world out.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:52 PM

11,880 posts, read 26,959,055 times
DFW is VERY much a "car culture" place. We tell newcomers this here all the time. Aside from a few neighborhoods, DFW is not "walkable" at all. If you had asked before you moved, we would have told you this...

Most cities don't have public transportation because their citizens don't demand it, and it is not free. There is not enough ridership here to pay for it, so the cities have to subsidize it. The non-member cities would rather keep that money to use on other things in their towns.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:48 AM

394 posts, read 1,259,166 times
Quote:
so your really not welcome here unless you have personal transportation.is that how it works?and coming from an updated area where city buses run 24-7 it will be a pleasure getting back to cilvilization soon.no one is without transportation in my former neighborhood.people go about their day and can get across town in 20 min.or less.i really didn't believe there were areas without bus service so why would i think to investigate that?what i've learned from talking to some of the "folk" here is some locals believe only minorities and a"bad element ride city buses. college professors ride buses.some do just to save on parking,gas,ect.investment bankers ride,simply because they'd rather not deal with traffic.other well educated,well groomed people sit on the bus next to minorities and carry on a conversation with them.i been there.saw that.of course this is only my enlightened opinion brought about through actual experience .closing your town off will not keep the world out.
Yeah, that's big city life. I spent 13 years riding buses, trains, ferries, and jitneys... and it was great. The only cars that I owned were all brand new low mileage "garage queens" that I'd keep in the garage all week and drive only on the weekends for shopping or entertainment. It was great. I was young. I was single. I owned expensive cars, too (back then), that just sat in the garage. Today is totally different. I have a wife and kids and wanted, no, "needed" a break from the rat race (including public transportation). I really couldn't see myself traveling with kids on public transit, although some do so... embarrassingly...(Hey, that's now how I was raised!). So I moved here to Hooterville with my "garage queens" and put them to work carting my family around. For this stage in my life I wouldn't have it any other way.

We're really happy to have you here in Hooterville. I think that you'd really like it here... once you get yourself some wheels .

-Old Man Hooter

Old 05-29-2014, 09:22 PM

This is a later update to my old post. Your reply was meant to deflect what i stated in my previous post.I took your advice and stayed in badford for awhile. Im a senior citizen.you can keep your suburban sprawl.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:47 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,009,828 times
If yours was an "enlightened opinion", wouldn't you have known there was no public transportation in Bedford before coming there?

Old 05-31-2014, 10:56 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,948,028 times
Quote:
This is a later update to my old post. Your reply was meant to deflect what i stated in my previous post.I took your advice and stayed in badford for awhile. Im a senior citizen.you can keep your suburban sprawl.
I'm glad you found a place better suited for your needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth