Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 02:58 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times

Advertisements

Last year I received a "speeding" ticket in Saginaw. Going 30 in a 20. Seems the leafy streets hid the sign.

There was road construction on Old Decatur Road and I took a well-known and popular short-cut on Park Center.

I paid the $168 fine, cancelled my UPS box ($150 a year) by the Albertson's on Saginaw Blvd. and only go to Saginaw when I see my physician.

I'll spend my money elsewhere, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 03:00 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot1241 View Post
All Haltom City is good for is giving people tickets for no reason and pulling people over for no reason. The cops are jerks! They pulled me over once for no reason and always lie about how fast you are going. They add about 10 mph. Haltom City is full of speed traps. Who has 35mph on an exit ramp of a freeway or 35mph on a major street like Beach? I wouldn't drive through the City ever again for the rest of my life, but I have to because of my job. In addition, their judicial process is so lengthy that they turn a traffic citation into a Supreme Court case and drag it out for months. As bad as the crime is in Haltom City those cops who are so tough on good citizens (ones who go to work every day and pay their taxes) should be out their arresting the real criminals instead of pulling me over for illegal speeding tickets. I refuse to spend money in the city limits of this town for this reason alone. I will not support a city or a business in a city who illegally takes hard earned money from people who are forced to drive through their town. I will drive to Fort Worth or Watauga. I suggest everyone else do the same and boycott Haltom City and their businesses until they clean up their judiciary and police force.
I only go through Haltom City when I go to Town Talk or Harbor Freight. Use to go dancing at the Stagecoach when I lived downtown, but I outgrew that.

It just feels crooked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth