Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,698 times

Advertisements

All Haltom City is good for is giving people tickets for no reason and pulling people over for no reason. The cops are jerks! They pulled me over once for no reason and always lie about how fast you are going. They add about 10 mph. Haltom City is full of speed traps. Who has 35mph on an exit ramp of a freeway or 35mph on a major street like Beach? I wouldn't drive through the City ever again for the rest of my life, but I have to because of my job. In addition, their judicial process is so lengthy that they turn a traffic citation into a Supreme Court case and drag it out for months. As bad as the crime is in Haltom City those cops who are so tough on good citizens (ones who go to work every day and pay their taxes) should be out their arresting the real criminals instead of pulling me over for illegal speeding tickets. I refuse to spend money in the city limits of this town for this reason alone. I will not support a city or a business in a city who illegally takes hard earned money from people who are forced to drive through their town. I will drive to Fort Worth or Watauga. I suggest everyone else do the same and boycott Haltom City and their businesses until they clean up their judiciary and police force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 04:25 PM

286 posts, read 378,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot1241 View Post
All Haltom City is good for is giving people tickets for no reason and pulling people over for no reason. The cops are jerks! They pulled me over once for no reason and always lie about how fast you are going. They add about 10 mph. Haltom City is full of speed traps. Who has 35mph on an exit ramp of a freeway or 35mph on a major street like Beach? I wouldn't drive through the City ever again for the rest of my life, but I have to because of my job. In addition, their judicial process is so lengthy that they turn a traffic citation into a Supreme Court case and drag it out for months. As bad as the crime is in Haltom City those cops who are so tough on good citizens (ones who go to work every day and pay their taxes) should be out their arresting the real criminals instead of pulling me over for illegal speeding tickets. I refuse to spend money in the city limits of this town for this reason alone. I will not support a city or a business in a city who illegally takes hard earned money from people who are forced to drive through their town. I will drive to Fort Worth or Watauga. I suggest everyone else do the same and boycott Haltom City and their businesses until they clean up their judiciary and police force.

If you haven't already take your citation to a lawyer. Ironically the Lawyer I use is on Beach St. (David B. Cantu) and handles traffic tickets. 95% of the time they get dismissed, at worst you pay court costs and take a defensive driving course. But the benefit is it doesn't stay on your record and your insurance rates won't go up.

But I'm sorry that happened to you. Same thing happened to me in White Settlement. There is no arguing with an officer, it's pointless.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:03 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,211,363 times
Oh the joy of being a parasitic enclave town inside a major city. We have those here in SA, too. UGH

Old 02-16-2015, 11:54 AM

17,383 posts, read 11,885,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot1241 View Post
Hahaha. I drive through there all the time, and not ONE ticket. But I drive the speed limit.

I'm a little confused, though. Do you never speed, or you can't drive 35 on an exit ramp or major street? Can't have both....

Old 02-17-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Oh the joy of being a parasitic enclave town inside a major city. We have those here in SA, too. UGH
Interesting that you say that, I noticed that here in Tarrant county we have alot of "enclave" cities that to me is pointless. Also their PD's are way stricter than our Fort Worth PD. I feel it was done to separate school districts. Who knows...lol

Old 02-17-2015, 09:31 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,289,746 times
Typically, it's because those "enclave" cities originally existed outside of the larger cities and the larger cities eventually annexed the land around them.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
Typically, it's because those "enclave" cities originally existed outside of the larger cities and the larger cities eventually annexed the land around them.
thanks! didn't know that. Don't know where to begin as far as studying how a city grows and how it annexes more land...is it possible for Fort Worth (as a city) to extend out of Tarrant county?

Old 02-17-2015, 01:39 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,289,746 times
Yes. Fort Worth already extends into Denton, Parker, and Wise Counties. It's probably only a matter of time before the city annexes land in Johnson County along the Chisolm Trail Parkway route.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:21 AM

17,383 posts, read 11,885,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringamac92 View Post
Interesting that you say that, I noticed that here in Tarrant county we have alot of "enclave" cities that to me is pointless. Also their PD's are way stricter than our Fort Worth PD. I feel it was done to separate school districts. Who knows...lol
Hardly pointless. I live in a city that has been around for over 50 years. We have our own PD, which I love. Had to call about a suspicious vehicle at 2am, and 2 cars came by within minutes.

Awhile ago, our city had a vote whether to annex with the city next to us. We voted no. For many reasons, but the big ones were zoning (we can have horses, goats, etc, but the other city bans them) and the fact that all of our city employees and PD would be let go.

I love our "small town" feel, that's minutes from downtown Fort Worth.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,040 times
Default Haltom City Speed Trap Issue

I agree with the problems Haltom City police impose on the citizens.
It is more important to give people with good driving records a ticket for going over the 10% limit on the access road to the entry ramp to the highway then go after real criminals.

The ramp to 820 is lower than the speed limit on the access road.
I also agree the police rig the speed the citizens were clocked and never show the citizen your speed.
I do believe I was clocked 11 miles more per hour than stated without showing.
There were cars in front of me going faster than me along with the cars to the right of me passing me but I was clocked and believe the speed I was accused of was actually for the car in front of me or the car to the right of me.
Unfortunately the courts do not believe in the citizens and make you take off of work and lose time; so this is a losing battle to have the officer show proof he or she clocked my car as opposed to the cars that passed me.

Police used to give people warnings but Haltom City Police has no respect for good citizens while ignoring the increase in crime in their city.

Haltom City Police has a history of injustice especially when their officers who overseen the women cells were sexually assaulting women in jail and almost got away with it when Tx Rangers found no issues. Fortunately, ABC Nightline busted the sexual assaults and they had to come clean.

It would be nice if the DFW news agencies investigate Haltom City Police if they are fixing the radar guns.
Esp when the officer does not show you any proof; you cannot dispute to the officer on the fear of the cop pulling a gun on you and shooting you or sending you to jail. I have never been in trouble with the law and only had 3 speeding tickets in 38 yrs.

I will also not put my money into Haltom City except for 2 places and will never drive through to go home.

I always have respect for the law but they do take advantage of citizens and do not care.
I have always been a crime prevention type of citizens and always go by the rules.
When other cars ahead of you and to the right of you are going faster than you but you get the ticket when you are going slower than them is INJUSTICE.
Luckily my Hispanic blood is not obvious because we know police treat minorities different in too many cases.

FYI: I know two other people that went 10% over 40mph (4 miles over) and recd tickets.
I know of, so far, 30 people who now will not put their money in Haltom City businesses.
I will notify the news agencies of this speed trap city and their lack of going after real crimes.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth