Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 03:53 PM

29 posts, read 26,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
How come it is easier for the Mexicans to get the Green Card? You tell me please? They might be interested.
If i'm not mistaking there are more Mexican immigrants Legally than immigrants from any other country spread across USA. Thats why i assume they have different/easier way to get true the proces like i need to go true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campeador View Post
My guess is that you made this comment without bad intentions, but you sound really uninformed and/or severely lacking in self awareness. By "people who are serious" you seem to imply that folks that come here illegally aren't serious, somehow. I don't condone illegal immigration at all, but to imply that they aren't serious people is extremely naive.
With serious i was referring too the fact thats it's almost impossible for a foreigner to get there because we are dependend on the EDV which is highly unlikely to win or a green card sponsorship. I for one would not mind to pay a personal fee ($2500) in order to have a legal permit which would allow me to go job hunting for 3months and if i can find a job within those 3 months i'm actually allowed to work and live there for a year without that the employers need to go true a bunch of money and taking potential risks on a new employee without really knowing them. Keep in mind that if my year is done and the employer wants to keep me he than can finance a green card for lets say $15000 and that money can be used as an investment and help reduce his taxes.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:11 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,700,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Moens View Post
With serious i was referring too the fact thats it's almost impossible for a foreigner to get there because we are dependend on the EDV which is highly unlikely to win or a green card sponsorship. I for one would not mind to pay a personal fee ($2500) in order to have a legal permit which would allow me to go job hunting for 3months and if i can find a job within those 3 months i'm actually allowed to work and live there for a year without that the employers need to go true a bunch of money and taking potential risks on a new employee without really knowing them. Keep in mind that if my year is done and the employer wants to keep me he than can finance a green card for lets say $15000 and that money can be used as an investment and help reduce his taxes.

Ah, yes. It is difficult, which is why so many individuals choose to do it illegally.

Having read your posts, I'd honestly recommend staying put in Belgium.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:45 PM

11,872 posts, read 26,939,309 times
One big difference between the taxes you pay there and the taxes we pay here is that the government here doesn't give away as much free stuff. Healthcare is not free, college tuition is not free, and finding a job with a retirement pension is nearly impossible. We pay about 25% income tax here, and the annual property tax is about 3% of the value of your house. You may get to keep more of your salary, but you end up paying for your own needs.

Our immigration system is designed to give American citizens highest priority for jobs here. For an employer to sponsor a foreigner for employment, it is expensive and time-consuming. The government makes sure an employer has to go through a lot of extra effort, and it's always a lot easier to hire a US citizen. Yes, that makes it very difficult on foreigners to play by the rules of our system. But that's how the system is designed.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campeador View Post
Ah, yes. It is difficult, which is why so many individuals choose to do it illegally.

Having read your posts, I'd honestly recommend staying put in Belgium.
I have been dreaming about moving to the US for more than 15 years so staying put is highly unlikely unless i cant find a legal way off course

Old 11-21-2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
One big difference between the taxes you pay there and the taxes we pay here is that the government here doesn't give away as much free stuff. Healthcare is not free, college tuition is not free, and finding a job with a retirement pension is nearly impossible. We pay about 25% income tax here, and the annual property tax is about 3% of the value of your house. You may get to keep more of your salary, but you end up paying for your own needs.

Our immigration system is designed to give American citizens highest priority for jobs here. For an employer to sponsor a foreigner for employment, it is expensive and time-consuming. The government makes sure an employer has to go through a lot of extra effort, and it's always a lot easier to hire a US citizen. Yes, that makes it very difficult on foreigners to play by the rules of our system. But that's how the system is designed.
Yes i understand and know that your on your own for healthcare ,pension and tuition and other things like that, however i do not understand why you think its free in Belgium? I pay around 4K on insurance every year+ a cut in my pay check off 1K every month just for healthcare, school is not free the only school thats free is kindergarden and preschool so once they are above 5 years old you pay for it. The retirement pension you mentioned thats coming out of my pay check so it's not really a government thing.

Our salary goes like this

What i get monthly as a project manager in construction
$2500
- rent or mortgage
$950
- insurance
$340
- electricity, water, phone and internet
$160
-food and drinks
$400-600 depending on what we eat keep in mind this is for 2 adults and 3 kids
- car and fuel
$250

with whats left over i try and save from for emergency's like a washer or a dryer that is broke for example

My girlfriend works also as u BSN and she makes arround
$1100 / month
she pays for a car and fuel
$250
-Insurance for her and the kids
$550
the rest of the money she has left is used for school, clothes and toys basically

Here comes the coolest part of it all. from the money thats left we need to pay that 14% of personal taxes from

And even cooler is that my boss needs to pay $7800 /month for me to the government and that money is used for our " Free healthcare and retirement program " and our beloved social safety net in case a person gets fired or is just to damn lazy to work so they can have a income some of them make more sitting at home than my wife does as a BSN.

I have never ever used any of those "benefits" or plan to in the future, i have never been without a job longer than 2 weeks if you want to work you can work it's that simple i do not mind running behind a train and shovelling poo if that is what i need to do to make money i will.

And all the above benefits is why i hate it here i rather be on my own than pay for some dumbass sitting around on his lazy ass and is still able to get money. I rather WORK for me than for someone else

Cool fact about Belgium Our ( King Philip) makes 4 times as much as the president of the united states. and this effing hell hole is no bigger than the Niagra falls

Old 11-21-2016, 06:00 AM

24,717 posts, read 11,044,214 times
Quote:
If i'm not mistaking there are more Mexican immigrants Legally than immigrants from any other country spread across USA. Thats why i assume they have different/easier way to get true the proces like i need to go true.
Assumptions and immigration do it go together.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:06 AM

24,717 posts, read 11,044,214 times
Quote:
Taxes in belgium:
income 55% ( OFFICIALLY WORLD NUMBER 1)
food 8%
real estate when buying 35%
Cars/bike's 21%
Water, Electricity, internet...21%
Property taxes yearly 2% off the value
Personal taxes after income taxes 14%

Not sure how it's stacking up but it cant be worse than here
Income tax is tiered. Personal taxes - can you please elaborate.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:03 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,700,788 times
Quote:
I have been dreaming about moving to the US for more than 15 years so staying put is highly unlikely unless i cant find a legal way off course
Well, it's great to dream, but often times our dreams have so very little to do with reality--we are just tilting at windmills. The awakening can be a bitter pill to swallow.

I have lived in two foreign countries--once as a student and once to work. My wife is foreign; we went through the long (and frustrating) process of getting her an F1 visa, permanent resident, and eventually full citizenship. So I don't mean to dissuade anyone and everyone who dreams of moving to the US. But I don't think you, in particular, are in a good situation to pull it off since you are not going to marry an American, you aren't looking to study here, you don't appear to have family already living here (to sponsor you), and your career doesn't lend itself to transferring to the US.

Sorry to paint a bleak picture; I hope you can figure it out.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Income tax is tiered. Personal taxes - can you please elaborate.
Income Taxes is based on your gross salary
Personal taxes is based on your net salary after all fixed costs like mortgage, gas, car, etc etc ( Wealth taxes )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth