Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2017, 08:48 AM

4 posts, read 4,694 times

Advertisements

My family will officially be moving to the Haslet area in a few weeks. We have spent some time in the area and driven through some communities but are still undecided as to what would be the best fit for us so I am looking for advice from some of you who have more experience in these areas. We have been looking at Decatur, Rhome, Haslet and Justin as I will have a M-F commute to the hospital in Decatur around the 830-5 hours. We want to rent for a year or two before buying anything and the rentals seem sparse in Decatur. We were looking at some rentals in Shale Creek in Rhome or Sendera Ranch in Haslet as well as Harriet Creek in Justin. We are looking for a 3/2/2 single family house under $1500 a month with a nice fenced yard for our son. He is not school age yet so the school isn't so important now but will be in a few years. I have been told Haslet is really convenient but when we drove thru the neighborhood Sendera Ranch was so large and overwhelming we didn't really see much of a downtown or shopping area. Same with Rhome and Justin. Can anyone share where those amenities would be in relation to these communities too? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 08:16 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,449,780 times
You're right...

Old 04-06-2017, 08:11 AM

23,897 posts, read 10,269,303 times
Sendera is a planned subdivision which turned into a prairie dog colony.

You have the relatively new shopping center anchored by a nice WM on Avondale RD, Saginaw and Keller within a few miles. Unless access roads have been updated getting in/out during peak times takes a while; tends to be standing traffic to the traffic light in Haslet.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:11 PM

3,187 posts, read 2,299,855 times
Heard good things about Rhome from someone I know who lived there. I think it's also a shorter commute to Decatur.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:50 AM

11,816 posts, read 26,657,615 times
I would go with Rhome since its on the west side of 35W in Wise County. That will make for a much shorter commute for you. Justin would also work, although the roads around there are very congested at peak hours.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:10 PM

4 posts, read 6,257 times
We live just to the west of Rhome and are in Decatur frequently. The drive is only about twenty-five minutes from our house ... about ten to fifteen minutes shorter than it would be from Sendera Ranch or Shale Creek (located on the far east side, at the Wise/ Denton County line).

But you are right: only Justin has anything close to a 'downtown.' It really is quite quaint as well, preserving a small-town feel, and at least boasts a proper grocery store. At Sendera Ranch you would be near WalMart and the new shopping center to the south - on Highway 287. Here in Rhome proper, we feel thankful to have a Dollar General store (which is about a five to ten minute drive from the Shale Creek subdivision)!

This whole area is beginning to grow, though, and the next five years likely will see more retail development.

My daughter is now in high school, but loved her experience at elementary school in the Northwest ISD.

There are also many young families who live in both the Shale Creek and Sendera Ranch developments so, while shopping may be further removed at this time, the social opportunities for your family might be good.

Best wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth