Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 10:43 AM

20 posts, read 29,187 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, moving from the midwest area. kentucky..

I ended up buying land in this area near Precinct Line RD and Lavaca Trail intersection.. in the NRH area. How is the area here? The ISD falls under Keller - ISD so, that was my end goal as the ISD is very good from what I Heard. Just, do not know the crime rate around here. Also, how long would the airport (DFW) would be? I am not driving there every day, but our community is in that area, and we will mostly drive there sundays. Easy drive?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 12:56 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,317,302 times
I live just to the south of there near Precinct Line and Mid Cities. It's a pretty typical suburban area - low crime, convenient to grocery stores and restaurants. Precinct Line and Davis Blvd. are nearby and you can get to a lot of amenities pretty quickly using either. Keller schools are good and so are any of the other districts in the immediate area. A Sunday morning drive to the area near the airport is pretty easy on a Sunday morning, but your location is 10 minutes from the freeway and the airport is big. Driving to the area on the west or south side of it might be 15-20 minutes, north or east side 25-30 minutes.

Old 01-09-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
I live just to the south of there near Precinct Line and Mid Cities. It's a pretty typical suburban area - low crime, convenient to grocery stores and restaurants. Precinct Line and Davis Blvd. are nearby and you can get to a lot of amenities pretty quickly using either. Keller schools are good and so are any of the other districts in the immediate area. A Sunday morning drive to the area near the airport is pretty easy on a Sunday morning, but your location is 10 minutes from the freeway and the airport is big. Driving to the area on the west or south side of it might be 15-20 minutes, north or east side 25-30 minutes.
Thanks, that makes me feel better. Also, are there snakes issues in the area in houses? And, what are the common pests?

Old 01-09-2022, 05:17 PM

Snakes are not common and the ones you might see are almost always non-venemous. We live on a half acre lot in a small neighborhood with large lots and pay around $400 a year for quarterly pest control service. It’s worth every penny because we rarely have any pests. People around here occasionally get mice but they are pretty easy to get rid of and prevent going forward. I would recommend anyone in this climate spend money on professional preventative pest control.

Old 01-09-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
Snakes are not common and the ones you might see are almost always non-venemous. We live on a half acre lot in a small neighborhood with large lots and pay around $400 a year for quarterly pest control service. It’s worth every penny because we rarely have any pests. People around here occasionally get mice but they are pretty easy to get rid of and prevent going forward. I would recommend anyone in this climate spend money on professional preventative pest control.
Thanks so much for answering the questions.. I was just worried about snakes the most. Seen a couple instagram videos about it.. but I guess its some areas.

Old 01-10-2022, 04:31 AM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
The best way to keep snakes away from your property is to keep leaves and debris cleaned up so they don’t have places to hide, and to not build a pond or any other type of water holding area that would attract them. Honestly, in a suburb, you won’t have a snake problem.

Old 01-10-2022, 11:15 PM

77 posts, read 59,140 times
North Richland Hills homes always shows up on house searches.

How far south can we go in NRH and still have the benefits of safety, low crime?

Old 01-11-2022, 04:41 AM

11,858 posts, read 26,881,949 times
NE Tarrant County is a nice area. You really won’t have a crime problem until you get to Watauga or Haltom City.

Old 01-12-2022, 08:13 AM

194 posts, read 306,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashakhs View Post
North Richland Hills homes always shows up on house searches.

How far south can we go in NRH and still have the benefits of safety, low crime?
We are in an older neighborhood between Mid-Cities and 820 — in 10 years, have had very few brushes with crime (people going through cars at night, one vandalism incident) or other issues. The neighborhood is diverse and quiet with a lot of walkers. there are higher-end and lower-end areas all around us, with pretty much the same lifestyle from what I can see.

We've hit a number of estate sales in NRH within Loop 820 so we've seen a lot of those neighborhoods, and I'd actually love to relocate into one of them — huge lots, nice ranch style homes.

NRH is a well-run city with great services and pretty good access to anywhere in the metroplex.
I freely admit to avoiding 820 and 183 whenever possible though!

Old 01-12-2022, 08:27 AM

The neighborhoods south of 820 and west of Rufe Snow are as nice as any other in NRH. The houses to the east of there are definitely smaller and older, but the neighborhoods are great. I had a friend that bought a remodeled house close to 26 and 820, did a little more work while living in it for a few years, and then made a huge return on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth