Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:20 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,896,537 times

Advertisements

Check out Northwest ISD as well. I am not sure abiout special needs classes etc... but Trophy club and the Haslet area will probably have what you wish in Housing.

Keller ISD is good, I am pleased so far not a 10 but very good esp for the size of the district.
and for gifted the parents network is pretty strong... it's called PAGE ... Parents Advocating for Gifted Education

Again I do not know how the autisum programs would be... here's the home page... Keller ISD - Home
I'd check out Willis lane elem, Hidden lakes elem, shady gove elem..etc... the all have very good rep's etc... and talk to the Principals etc..to see what they are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 04:33 PM

8 posts, read 15,208 times
Absolutely, my main concern is my son.
Get the edge-Thanks, for the website.
I am really scared going back to a ISC. I lived in McAllen TX when he was in Kinder. At that time they were not familiar with Autism (I had to print out info on Autism for his teacher, HA). My son would sit under his desk and bark like a dog all day. Of course that might have to do with were I was living too.
Taxes are not a big concern but I would like to live in an area where taxes and insurance and not killing us so if we need a private school I can afford it. I know that homes seem to be much cheaper which will help.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,896,537 times
Also wanted to give you a good resource for your son, where ever you choose to live in the DFW area.
Rocky Top Therapy Center

I know some ISD have programs that send thier special ed kids here as well. You might call and talk with them they might be able to help you narrow down ISDs that are more proactive with Autism than others...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth