Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 06:46 PM

321 posts, read 838,179 times

Advertisements

So tell me a little about Weatherford Texas. I already know Parker County is dry, so we don't need to go down that path. However, I've also been considering Peaster and Whitt areas as relocation possibilities. Let me know the good, the bad and the ugly. Thanks in advance.

LS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 06:47 PM

I also just realized I put this in the Fort Worth area, not the general Texas section. I'm on a roll today.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:34 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,432,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone sailor View Post
I also just realized I put this in the Fort Worth area, not the general Texas section. I'm on a roll today.
It needs to be in the Fort Worth section as Weatherford is considered in the Fort Worth area.

Here is a little info about Weatherford:

Weatherford is a nice and fast growing suburb of Fort Worth thay has really come a long ways in the last few years. I personally have not been to Weatherford very much, but a few people in our office live in the Weatherford/Aledo area and they talk about it a lot. There is a lo of new shopping and restaurant choices as many shopping centers have popped up along I-20. The schools are good and there is a bunch of new housing developments there with some really nice houses. It's family-oriented and very close to Fort Worth. Hope this helps!

Old 12-23-2008, 07:44 AM

Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:20 AM

13 posts, read 45,424 times
I have lived in Weatherford for about 5 months. It is a nice small town. There are alot of nice stores and eating areas. My kids go to Peaster ISD, they seem to be doing well. The housing is reasonable. I think you could probably get a good deal right now. My husband drives about 45 minutes to work, but says it is worth it to beable to live out here away from the big city and traffic.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha12 View Post
I have lived in Weatherford for about 5 months. It is a nice small town. There are alot of nice stores and eating areas. My kids go to Peaster ISD, they seem to be doing well. The housing is reasonable. I think you could probably get a good deal right now. My husband drives about 45 minutes to work, but says it is worth it to beable to live out here away from the big city and traffic.
Weatherford definitely has traffic. Hwy 51 in front of Wal-Mart and all the way to that shopping center with Target, Best Buy, etc. is a mess and is going to get even worse as more growth comes.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:00 AM

13 posts, read 45,424 times
With the traffic, I was talking more on my husbands drive to work. He has not once got stuck in traffic

Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha12 View Post
With the traffic, I was talking more on my husbands drive to work. He has not once got stuck in traffic
Oh ok, I thought you meant in Weatherford. Ya I-20 runs pretty smoothly into Fort Worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth