Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2007, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,637 times

Advertisements

Our family will be relocating from Louisville KY to the DFW area in a few months due to an employment transfer. We are looking for a safe and somewhat diverse area with good schools. I will be working from home and traveling to locations between DFW, Tyler and Houston; my wife will be looking into local area Social Work opportunities. So far, we are considering: Euless, Carrollton, Richardson and Garland areas. Any recommendations/feedback on these or other communities for this African American family with 8yr old daughter, looking to spend up to 200k?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 08:08 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
Think that Hurst is probably better over all or Bedford than Euless---Lakewood elementary in north part of Euless got exemplary ranking and for the past few years has been an excellent school--their principal retired last year and there is new principal this year--so somethings may change---Meadow Creek in HEB in Bedford was also exemplary for past several years--
HEB is an easy commute to DFW airport and a fairly easy commute via 183/I-20 to Tyler--Houston -- fly SWA out of Love is my suggestion--that is bad freeway (still lots of construction)..think overall living in HEB is better but that is where I live--I am not impressed with Carrollton where my son and his fiance rented an apt for a year...

HEB has older areas with Hurst being the more aggressive with new construction...
they are convenient, have good schools for the most part with enrichment programs like Suzuki strings, IB -- G/T -- AP strands, Spanish-immersion classes and will be offering Chinese and Farsi in their jr-hs this year...there are some good bargains in housing because many people are looking for newer homes in Keller or Haslet areas on N 35 (which is the highway from hell according to my husband)

Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 AM
AKF

178 posts, read 708,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adouble View Post
Our family will be relocating from Louisville KY to the DFW area in a few months due to an employment transfer. We are looking for a safe and somewhat diverse area with good schools. I will be working from home and traveling to locations between DFW, Tyler and Houston; my wife will be looking into local area Social Work opportunities. So far, we are considering: Euless, Carrollton, Richardson and Garland areas. Any recommendations/feedback on these or other communities for this African American family with 8yr old daughter, looking to spend up to 200k?

Hi,

I was trying to send you a private message but couldn't. Could you please send me a private message...I had to ask some questions that I do not prefer posting here.

Thanks!

Old 10-09-2007, 08:00 PM

791 posts, read 2,222,503 times
When traveling to Houston, what method of transportation? And to what part of Houston? It's a big ol' place.

DFW connects to IAH by major airlines such as AA, Continental. Both DFW and IAH are oriented very north to their respective metros. If you're going to the southern part of Houston you might want to consider Southwest Airlines out of Love Field to Houston Hobby. Love is very near downtown Dallas, Hobby is very south of downtown Houston. If working downtown Houston, I'd still consider Hobby, just for ease of access.

If driving to travel I'd suggest the Richardson - Garland area just for freeway access. If flying I'd use the above to determine HEB or east side. And if east side with Love Field, I'd recommend taking I30 to the west side of downtown to the Dallas North Tollroad to Inwood/Lemmon exit, 75cents one way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth