Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:52 AM

37 posts, read 267,400 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Keller area this summer. We will be looking for a house in $200 range and ideally it would have these features--gated subdivision with strict HOA rules, community pool a plus, not too close to railroad tracks, few rentals, great location, and so forth. Heritage sounds like it would meet most of these criteria, but I wouldn't be happy about paying Fort Worth's higher taxes. Are there any neighborhoods equivalent to or better than Heritage that are actually located in the city of Keller? Also, if anyone can message me with names of reputable realtors who could help us with buying process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 09:20 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,908,276 times
you aren't going to get gated for 200k.
The few gated communities in Keller are above 300k.

There are a few bigger subdivisons with pools etc...(almost all have HOAs) right around the 200k range but not gated. Carriage Gate has one of the biggest community pools and playgrounds and houses in your range. Highland Oaks is another (don't knoiw how many houses in the 200k rnage though)

What size house are you looking for? 200k for above 2500sqft in Keller with community pool etc... is going to be hard. Lots of inventory in the 225-275 range.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:33 AM

Yes, the $225-275 range is more accurate. I could forgo the gated community, and access to a nearby club pool(ymca or keller pointe) would be ok, too. I want to find a house with minimum 2000-2500 square foot range--more would be great but not a must have.

Last edited by BC71111; 02-12-2010 at 09:49 AM..

Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,046,832 times
have you done any MLS searches to see what is available in your price range
house prices are all over the map around here

and some people think that with the cost of taxes and insurance that homes are higher priced than they were lead to believe if they have no personal experience--only heard that homes are more affordable in TX

Old 02-12-2010, 03:08 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,908,276 times
Everyone has acess to the Keller Pointe, Keller residents get a discount though. They have year round memberships etc...
Hidden Lakes is the biggest master planned community in Keller, it has older houses in your rnage and newer ones etc... pools, tennis courts etc... some of the neighborhoods inside Hidden Lakes are Gated.
Bloomfield area of Hidden Lakes should have homes in your price range.
With up to 275k you should be able to find a nice place with over 2500 sqft.

RE taxes here a very high, but with no state income tax it pretty much evens out.

Good luck

Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
Everyone has acess to the Keller Pointe, Keller residents get a discount though. They have year round memberships etc...
Hidden Lakes is the biggest master planned community in Keller, it has older houses in your rnage and newer ones etc... pools, tennis courts etc... some of the neighborhoods inside Hidden Lakes are Gated.
Bloomfield area of Hidden Lakes should have homes in your price range.
With up to 275k you should be able to find a nice place with over 2500 sqft.

RE taxes here a very high, but with no state income tax it pretty much evens out.

Good luck
Thanks for the helpful info. I will be putting Heritage and Hidden Lakes at the top of my list when we start looking at neighborhoods in that area.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:18 AM

121 posts, read 404,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC71111 View Post
We will be moving to Keller area this summer. We will be looking for a house in $200 range and ideally it would have these features--gated subdivision with strict HOA rules, community pool a plus, not too close to railroad tracks, few rentals, great location, and so forth. Heritage sounds like it would meet most of these criteria, but I wouldn't be happy about paying Fort Worth's higher taxes. Are there any neighborhoods equivalent to or better than Heritage that are actually located in the city of Keller? Also, if anyone can message me with names of reputable realtors who could help us with buying process.
How about Saratoga? That is a beautiful community. While it is not gated, it does have a community pool and amenities and the kids are zoned for an award winning school district.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:54 PM

74 posts, read 202,452 times
Default Saratoga?

Hey Scfriend,
Where is Saratoga and tell me a little bit more about it. We are wanting to learn about communities around Fort Worth. Thanks!

Old 02-13-2010, 01:04 PM

9 posts, read 39,804 times
Hey everyone, we decided on Heritage and should be moving in this June. We really liked the feel of the neighborhood and the fact that it looks like there is so much to do outdoors. We are a young, active family and the pools, trails, parks, ponds, etc. really attracted us. Also, my husband mountain bikes and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good trails nearby. I think he already has a few scoped out.

We picked the Cape Cod series in Trinity...who knows some of you guys might be our future neighbors.

One more thing, I am starting graduate school in the Fall in Denton. I should not have to drive there except a few times a semester. What is the drive like from Keller to Denton?

Old 02-13-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFriend View Post
How about Saratoga? That is a beautiful community. While it is not gated, it does have a community pool and amenities and the kids are zoned for an award winning school district.
Never heard of Saratoga, but I'll add it to my list of neighborhoods to look into!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth