Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2007, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 13,861 times

Advertisements

I am looking for homes that are close to TCU and also, to "7301 Dutch Branch Rd" and "4200 Country Day Lane" address as I will be commuting from TCU to those areas. I am looking for nice homes (upto 600K), with no or low crime,nice neighbourhood and accepting of interracial family. Hopefully this neighbourhood will have nice parks and some skating rinks.
I don't want to commute much. I have looked into Arlington and Southlake but seem to be very far. Also, Arlington is not very popular it appears with most people. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 11:30 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
You might consider the Ridgelea area, which . But I think the homes would be considerably less than 600K. As far as the interracial thing, I wouldn't really worry about it too much. Yeah, you might get a few looks now and then but that would probably be about the extent of things. Fort Worth is full of good people of all races and cultures; many marriages are inter-racial.

I wouldn't move into South Fort Worth (east of where you're looking) unless it's far South Fort Worth (South of I-20). THe Hulen area is also a pretty decent area of Fort Worth - I lived there many years ago but haven't been back in awhile.

Good luck!

Old 05-31-2007, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 18,395 times
Smile Tanglewood

We are moving to FW in a couple of weeks and purchased a home in the Tanglewood elementary district. It's right next to TCU, along Hulen. Zipcode is 76109. It's a beautiful neighborhood with parkland (Overton Park) running through it and easy access to the Trinity Trail. The price range of houses is very broad, from $300K to $1M+. We bought a beautiful house in your price range with 4 bedrooms and pool.

Do you have, or plan to have, school age kids? If so, Tanglewood is one of best elementary schools in FW and feeds into Paschal, which is one of best high schools. That was the main reason we chose the neighborhood.

Good luck! See you in FW.

Last edited by mroctober; 05-31-2007 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: add zipcode

Old 06-02-2007, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 13,861 times
Default Thanks & Need more advice

Thanks for replying to my query about nice neighbourhoods. Does anybody have any suggesions about homes near the ForthWorth Academy that are between 300K to 600K. I checked out many areas near TCU area and I liked the TangleWood area the best. I did see Mistletoe Avenue and BelAir which were very nice too. If anybody has any ideas, please email me. I am currently in Fort Worth and could check out what your recommend.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:57 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
I've heard that the Mira Vista community in the Benbrook area is really nice. They have million dollar homes there and I'd imagine also in half-million range you're looking at. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth