Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 06:11 PM

14 posts, read 42,208 times

Advertisements

Im lookin to move to texas and id like to find me a town about 2000-5000 people north of arlington. Im looking for a area where i might be able to find me a nice country girl and possibly settle down too...i was lookin at southlake but its a little bigger than im wanting. any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 10:50 PM

585 posts, read 362,510 times
Unfortunately, there aren't any towns of this size and atmosphere within an hour directly north of Arlington. However, if you're willing to look further away, I would take a look at Haslet, Justin, or Argyle. They aren't in the immediate DFW metroplex (Haslet is the closest--20 miles north of Fort Worth), but they're all very close to I-35. Haslet is slowly becoming more suburban, but I think you'll find a relaxing, country atmosphere in all of these towns.

If you are willing to look south of Arlington, I would also try Midlothian. The population is at least 7000 or 8000, but it still feels like a small community, and it's only about 40 min southeast of Arlington.

Best of luck to you!

Old 04-03-2010, 03:59 PM

14 posts, read 42,208 times
thanks much for your input ag i appreciate it

Old 04-09-2010, 11:57 PM

378 posts, read 424,552 times
If you're still checking this thread:

Unfortunately, there are NO "nice small texas towns" anywhere near the DFW metro area.

Midlothian has little to offer and is too close to the cement plants, which are a source of bad air pollution.

You might find something more suitable in North Texas, toward Decatur, over to Wichita Falls. Or you might look around East Texas or down toward the Hill Country (very scenic).

Sadly, there is no Mayberry . . .

Old 05-01-2010, 07:39 AM

4 posts, read 7,711 times
While Midlothian may not fit what the person is looking for, its population is 16,850 with another 10,000 in its ETJ, it does not have little to offer. It has an excellent school system, many churches and events. Outdoor movies in the summer, a farmers market, downtown concerts/dances, several new and developing parks, great rural scenery to the south and quick access to both Ft Worth and Dallas.

On another topic I am tired of people with opinions and not facts slamming Midlothian as the armpit of the Metroplex. Not one study conducted in the last 20 years has yielded conclusive proof that the cement plants cause elevated patterns of disease. Look at the EPA, TCEQ studies. A massive study underway right now is also studying the issue and will report before the end of 2010.

I suggest the next time you so blithely say "it has little to offer" you back that statement up with facts....not your general opinion

Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 PM

378 posts, read 424,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbrg23 View Post
While Midlothian may not fit what the person is looking for, its population is 16,850 with another 10,000 in its ETJ, it does not have little to offer. It has an excellent school system, many churches and events. Outdoor movies in the summer, a farmers market, downtown concerts/dances, several new and developing parks, great rural scenery to the south and quick access to both Ft Worth and Dallas.

On another topic I am tired of people with opinions and not facts slamming Midlothian as the armpit of the Metroplex. Not one study conducted in the last 20 years has yielded conclusive proof that the cement plants cause elevated patterns of disease. Look at the EPA, TCEQ studies. A massive study underway right now is also studying the issue and will report before the end of 2010.

I suggest the next time you so blithely say "it has little to offer" you back that statement up with facts....not your general opinion
You are SO misinformed.

The main thing it "has to offer" is a very unhealthy environment due to the cement plants and the kiln emissions. If you are so pro-Midlothian, perhaps you should put your efforts into lobbying against these plants and their snubbing their noses at laws they are supposed to follow - instead, they violate, they pay fines, no big deal to them. It is quite a big deal to residents in the area who suffer health consequences of the pollution. I suggest you take a look at downwindersatrisk(dot)com for starters, along with numerous other studies and stats, and stories from residents.

And believe it or not, there are many people in this world who do NOT consider schools and churches a good indicator of a place to live.

As for the "great rural scenery" to which you refer . . . uh, guess it depends on your idea of "great" and "scenery".

Old 05-03-2010, 06:02 PM

4 posts, read 7,711 times
I'll let folks judge for themselves. I stand by what I say and believe it to be true. Anyone who would like to read a summary of the studies performed in Midlothian, I posted a link at the end. I just want to offer the other side of the story. The Downwinders at Risk and other individuals go around to these sites and paint Midlothian as a polluted, forgettable town when many would argue the other way. You can respond with words in all caps and sarcasm, that's fine. Again, I'll let folks judge for themselves.

Summary of Federal and State Investigations on Environmental Quality in Midlothian
http://tx-midlothian.civicplus.com/D...w.aspx?DID=147
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth