Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2014, 11:52 AM

23 posts, read 33,242 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I stay in Atlanta, Georgia. I don't have a garden but would love to buy containers/pots for my apartment. My apartment faces woods so there is hardly any sun exposure. I anticipate in full winter it will be no sun exposure.

I want to know what flower plants will grow and thrive in zone 7b during fall and peak winter from October till March. I am specificially looking for flower bulb. Not tiny/little flowers.

Please suggest. Appreciate all the help.

Regards
Arundhati
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 11:32 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
Bulbs usually bloom only for a few weeks in the early spring. Iris are rhizomes and can be grown in pots as well but they too have a short bloom period.
if you are looking for year round COLOR as opposed to blooms you will do well with Dwarf nandina in pots or evergreen smaller shrubs. Nothing blooms year round. You will need heavy pots with good drainage and it would be best if they were easy to move indoor or roll indoors on a dolly as it get bitter cold in Atlanta sometimes. ice storms can do a lot of damage. I was a master Gardener in Atlanta for over 30 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden