Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 01:04 PM

3,972 posts, read 4,253,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Chipmunks will uproot plants too.

Not to say people won't steal your plants, or your planters! I bought a Power Wheels that didn't work, no battery, was missing the headlights, the windshield was broken. It was a cute little jalopy. I took a milk crate and planted some flowers in it and wedged it where the seat was and also planted them in the trundle seat. Put solar lights on the front for the head lights. Was really cute and put it out in my front yard, obviously, too close to the street. One morning I come out, it was gone, but the idiots left the milk crate and all the plants. Really?!? Someone had driven by and came back for it, and I live on a cul de sac, on a very quiet street.

Somewhere, out there, someone has my car!!!!' If you've seen this car driving on 85 in SC, or thereabouts, let me know!!!

My parents had a concrete base with a concrete statue on sitting on the top of it on their front porch in SoFla. One day my Mom looked out the kitchen window and saw a guy walking off with the statue.

Really people - things are that bad that you have to steal stuff from people's yards
Oh, boy, that car really WAS cute and creative! Sorry someone stole that from you. Infuriating!

As for your Mom's thief, hopefully he got a concrete dislocation of one or more vertebral disks from carrying that and had to pay a chiropractor 3 times a week for 6 months just to feel functional again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 02:24 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,838,131 times
Quote:

Not to say people won't steal your plants, or your planters! I bought a Power Wheels that didn't work, no battery, was missing the headlights, the windshield was broken. It was a cute little jalopy. I took a milk crate and planted some flowers in it and wedged it where the seat was and also planted them in the trundle seat. Put solar lights on the front for the head lights. Was really cute and put it out in my front yard, obviously, too close to the street. One morning I come out, it was gone, but the idiots left the milk crate and all the plants. Really?!? Someone had driven by and came back for it, and I live on a cul de sac, on a very quiet street.

Somewhere, out there, someone has my car!!!!' If you've seen this car driving on 85 in SC, or thereabouts, let me know!!!

My parents had a concrete base with a concrete statue on sitting on the top of it on their front porch in SoFla. One day my Mom looked out the kitchen window and saw a guy walking off with the statue.

Really people - things are that bad that you have to steal stuff from people's yards
That was a really cute idea with the car It's a damn shame someone had to be such a jerk that they took it...some people are just unbelievable!! How do they sleep at night and who is raising these morons? UGH

Old 06-22-2016, 03:06 PM

28,114 posts, read 63,647,953 times
I love the car... never seen one like it!

Old 06-23-2016, 04:08 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
Quote:

let me tell ya my mother used to keep a potatoe gun (illegal now ) not back when I m talking right by the front door , she used it on a couple of kids trying to steal a concrete Lion she had in the front yard . she blew a hole right through the trunk of their car . My mother then said let them try and explain that to their parents . They dropped the lion and broke it and my mother was p.o. ed .....my mother did not put up with much crap from anyone including and most especially the neighbors .

Old 06-23-2016, 04:25 AM

83,501 posts, read 75,252,292 times
While there are 7 Billion people on Earth and a whole bunch of crazies, I am 99% sure it was a deer or another animal.

I don't think even the "crazies" would think about doing that. Unless you got on your neighbors bad side. lol

Sorry to hear, ugh. Was any of the plant that was chopped off left on the ground? If not, I Seriously doubt anyone doing mischief like that would clean up after doing so. #Animal (the real kind) Any leaves look bitten?

Old 06-23-2016, 12:20 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Through the years, people have smashed my pumpkins, taken my strawberries, an even some zucchini. You almost can't give that stuff away! A branch off of a tomato plant? The plant won't miss it.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:48 PM

16 posts, read 78,704 times
Thanks so much for the advice of a camera and mentioning possibly wild animals. I am no longer upset but laughing at a few of the responses which made my day.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:36 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Quote:
.........One morning I come out, it was gone, .......
What a cute little car. Not plants, but I saw a car stop while the parent sent their child out to steal my son's large metal Tonka dump truck that had been left in our sand pile.

I've seen that at a rental house, too, Parents sending their child out of their car to steal a toy that was left outside.

I haven't had complete plants taken, but I had someone cut and take all of my stargazer lily flowers and several times had people come inside my fence to steal fruit.

Every year, the local news shows security camera footage of people stealing Christmas decorations off of lawns. They take potted plants, too.

I think that the thing is that none of that can be left in the front yard. Since I've had thefts from inside a tall fence, it appears that you must lock gates if you have cute ornaments or potted plants in your back yard.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:02 PM

28,114 posts, read 63,647,953 times
I did a quick search for that model car and turned up nothing...

Old 06-24-2016, 01:30 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,093,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I did a quick search for that model car and turned up nothing...
It's gotta be an oldie! It even has real metal for the flip down windshield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden