Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 03:43 PM

11 posts, read 61,791 times

Advertisements

Can any one or any pro in here let me know how much should i charge for 2 acres to mowing. I have an Exmark 53' ... any ideas would be appreciates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 08:36 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,868 times
Look for ads for lawn service in your local papers, call them and ask what they charge to mow 2 acres.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:36 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
I second hcgCali, no two areas are the same and the price per hourly wage will vary. When I lived in the S F bay area and did yards, the rate I charged there and the rate I had to charge here in far northern California was a good 30 percent less. The rate I charge now here would be small change in the big metro area of S F or L A. When I recently decided to take on commercial clients besides residential yards, I discovered that the maintenance tenders out there were charging three times my residential rates. Let your fingers do the walking in the phone book under landscape maintenance, that is what I did.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:48 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
Default Tough one. . .

For starters, I'd have to figure-in the cost of gas now, upkeep on the mower -- replacing blades, servicing the mower, etc., as best you can. Then it would be the question of how long it takes to mow two acres, how hard I'd actually be working, and under what conditions.

It might even be in your best interest to see if you can get more than one job in the general area too. Two lawns to mow. . . the more, the better of course, if just in terms of logistics.

I don't know what final figure you may actually come up with, but I'll bet a lot of people couldn't really afford having someone else cut the grass for them, if they had to pay what the service is worth. Of course, that could apply to a whole lot of things.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:45 AM

11 posts, read 61,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the0ne View Post
Can any one or any pro in here let me know how much should i charge for 2 acres to mowing. I have an Exmark 53' ... any ideas would be appreciates.
Thank you very much guys.....

Old 05-18-2008, 10:28 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,393,698 times
Probably of no help to you at all, but we pay $50 to have just under an acre mowed in Knoxville. That includes edging around beds, so if you're mowing a field, you won't have that. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden