Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 07:50 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,127 times

Advertisements

Although I had a a job when I moved to Florida, sometimes I regret moving here.(esp more this time of year when I can't get up north for Christmas) I moved here from CT about 5 1/2 years ago. I moved here because of the warm weather. No snow & cold. As much as I love the weather, I do miss my family. It's hard to get up there. I was able to go up one time this year, and one time last year.

You can find an apartment in your price range in Florida. I live in Tampa and I do like it here. If you want information about Tampa - just PM me and I can give you some info. Good areas to live in, bad areas, etc. You can get a decent apartment here in your price range. There are also others in your price range not in the greatest area. A lot of stores here. They are opening up a Trader Joes which would be a jobs there. Also, in a few years though they are opening up an Amazon warehouse in Sun City Center (about 25 mins south of Tampa)

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 01:06 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times
Good post!

I relocated a year ago, although I do not have any regrets, things have not turned out like I'd hope. I am fortunate to have resources but I cannot imagine doing something like this without any money. It is a lot easier to end up homeless than one would like to think.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:36 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Myself my girlfriend and her two teens packed up and left the Philadelphia area around 25 years ago. We had located a rental house prior to moving. No jobs. No prospects. It has not always been easy but we never looked back.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:04 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
What did you end up doing, Flowerchild? How about an update?

Old 01-05-2014, 11:05 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,205,098 times
OMG...I almost could have written that first post. Even though it's almost a year old, I still feel that way and it's only gotten worse.

My husband and I both feel the same and just can't wait to get out of PA. We moved here in 2012 for a job and I now realize it was a mistake. I'm sure I can get a job in FL and we are thisclose to just packing everything up and going.

Our plan was to go sometime in 2015 or so, but we're over this place and that schedule may be moved forward to sometime THIS year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues