Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:31 AM

415 posts, read 2,333,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I'm moving in 8 days and sunshine van lines quote was far below everyone elses quote. Check their site www.sunshinevanline.com and fill out the form and see what they come in at. Most companies were quoting me about $1800-2000. They are moving me for just over $1200.
I am a sales Manager for Mayflower in Columbia SC , the best thing you can do for yourself is to stick with one of the major carriers, Mayflower, United, Allied, Atlas, North American, Bekins

Ask them to give you a Guaranteed Not To Exceed Price and then go with the one who is reasonable in cost and you have a good feeling about.

DO NOT USE a company you found on line and always use a company who can come to your house a present you a price.

If you like I will be more than happy to review your estimates and give you some insight

PM me and we can talk.

Just here to help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 10:47 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
jwking,
Thank you for your insight. As a Mod here you are welcome to give your professional insight.

I appreciate you staying within the rules here as it pertains to no advertising. I also appreciate your willingness to offer help and expertise. I have had many other folks "in the business" that I have had to ban, etc, for rule violations.

Thanks again.

Frank

Old 07-31-2010, 01:26 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,941,289 times
I used Allied in 2004 and 2008, both time from Lansing, MI to my home. About the same sized loads. I was thrilled beyond belief with the first move, 3 men picked up the stuff, loaded the truck and said they'd see me in 3 days. They were later than expected but kept calling and ended up unloading at 9:00 at night. I recommended a good motel so they'd be close to their next drop off, and they were so appreciative that they called the next day and thanked me. Fast forward to 2008, I call Allied again, figuring I'd get the same door to door service~NOT! The person in charge (1) hired some temp help to load (he didn't lift a thing) and then drove to his first destination (in Maine) and then delivered some other stuff, took his day off and finally 10-11 days later (I had been promised a 3-5 day window) he calls the night before and says he has to wait and pick up some guys at the Allied franchise and then he'd be here. Well I can see that building from my house! He waltzes his truck and his two "boys" on to the street, he gets out and waves his arms, again doesn't pick up as much as a box, proceeds to tell me about his motorcycle adventures and how he really cares about his truck and his load of furniture. I was so furious I told him that I used Allied because I had had such good service, with private and corporate moves, and that this would be the last time unless I was assured that I would be getting the service I was promised. Fortunately, the sympathetic ear in the dispatching office said they would no longer use him for their area/territory because they had had too many issues.
I've used Mayflower, Allied, United all with success until this last bozo...

I have learned to do much of my own packing, but only items that I won't need and that are soft goods; contents of closets, linens, pocketbooks, small book boxes, craft supplies, clothing and desk items, baskets etc. Anything that can break I let them pack; mirrors, pictures, good china and crystal. I do try and have as much organized as possible, and ask to watch or work with them on labeling boxes as they finish. It sure makes unpacking easier. I only let them put together beds and attach mirrors to dressers, tops & bottoms of large pieces of furniture and then tell them to come back later and get boxes.

Now if there were Two Men and a Truck in every state, it would be a no brainer as to who I would use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues