Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 08:53 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
So you are only going by one state? Does California set the trend for all the criminals across the nation? That's laughable. Look at the prison population across the nation.Then I rest my case...

going of by one state?? no i was just stating one example, and please do not speak about prison because now your showing how ignorant you are.

lol prison populations?? in almost any prison in america you will see huge loads of Hispanics in it so what in the world are you talking about???

ever heard of the Mexican mafia? they give out orders to Mexican gangs on the streets and their organization is in prison.

great now your telling me to look at prison populations even though prison is a Hispanic issue to and not a decreasing one neither

Old 10-19-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
What's wrong with you? I just told you I was Hispanic, and then you acknowledge it, then continue to call me white. Which one is it? Yes, I know Hispanics can be white but we all know that's not what you think I'am. Do you think I look like Justin Timberlake or something like George Lopez?

What does you sitting down with my family in the 50's have anything to do with what's going on? Lemme, guess your blaming me, or white/Hispanic people in general, for the way your people were treated back in the day? hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of people these days never associated with that. Jews,gays, and women were treated badly too. You don't see them living in run down ghettos. GET OVER IT.

Why would I think you were raised in the Congo? I assumed you were black and I guessed correctly. You don't know what I'am it seems, even though I already told you. And instead of eating cheese you could try an apple or something. Or do you need the government to tell you cheese is not exactly the best for you?
blaming hispanics for living in the ghetto?

please stop this nonsense first and fore most you can not even name one wealthy Hispanic area i bet. where as us blacks can name plenty of black areas that are wealthy.

second of all Hispanics overall are more poorer then blacks so where do you get the idea that we are blaming Hispanics.

have you ever been to east l.a , south Bronx , parts of northern Philly , or Humboldt park??? these are all Hispanics ghettos. so how about you give us a reason of why they are in this condition???

Old 10-19-2010, 09:15 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post

please stop this nonsense first and fore most you can not even name one wealthy Hispanic area i bet. where as us blacks can name plenty of black areas that are wealthy.

second of all Hispanics overall are more poorer then blacks so where do you get the idea that we are blaming Hispanics.

have you ever been to east l.a , south Bronx , parts of northern Philly , or Humboldt park??? these are all Hispanics ghettos. so how about you give us a reason of why they are in this condition???

I'll answer your question because I'm assuming he won't be able to... there's a large hispanic population in America that received a marginalized education, a sizeable population that never finished a formal education and a small but present population that was never given the opportunity to go to school. Knowledge is power... kids in the ghetto in general who don't have parents who completed school have very, very little social mobility... the parents or someone around them needs to see the value of attaining an education (and a good one at that) and lead by example. If not the parents, hopefully they have somebody... many don't. Gays and women have the benefit of being any race and any social class... I don't think your average upper middle class lesbian household is playing with the same deck as your average single-parent working-class high school dropout household This is the reality for the majority of kids who live in the poorest of the poor neighborhoods... and whats more, the cops treat them like **** because of their address and they have to deal with people like jmusmc85 who assume that they're in the situation they're in because they don't want to better themselves.

And as you (jordandubreil) pointed out, the most sad aspect of this is the fact that this guy acts like these issues are only poor black people's problems but probably laughs at redneck jokes. Not enough people connect the dots these days...

Old 10-19-2010, 09:51 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,622,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I'll answer your question because I'm assuming he won't be able to... there's a large hispanic population in America that received a marginalized education, a sizeable population that never finished a formal education and a small but present population that was never given the opportunity to go to school. Knowledge is power... kids in the ghetto in general who don't have parents who completed school have very, very little social mobility... the parents or someone around them needs to see the value of attaining an education (and a good one at that) and lead by example. If not the parents, hopefully they have somebody... many don't. Gays and women have the benefit of being any race and any social class... I don't think your average upper middle class lesbian household is playing with the same deck as your average single-parent working-class high school dropout household This is the reality for the majority of kids who live in the poorest of the poor neighborhoods... and whats more, the cops treat them like **** because of their address and they have to deal with people like jmusmc85 who assume that they're in the situation they're in because they don't want to better themselves.

And as you (jordandubreil) pointed out, the most sad aspect of this is the fact that this guy acts like these issues are only poor black people's problems but probably laughs at redneck jokes. Not enough people connect the dots these days...

Well, that didn't answer anything.

And yes I know there are problems in the Hispanic community. There are illegals,crime,high HS drop out rates, and a dozen other things. But by and large when left to their own, the Hispanic community thrives. Look at South Florida, San Antonio, El Paso and Northern CA. All have high Hispanic populations are are thriving, popular destinations with low crime (Well, maybe not El Paso). In area with high black populations, they are almost universally crime ridden, covered in poverty, or both. Even black "meccas" like Atlanta and PG county, they have crime that is out the roof even with supposed an abundant amount black wealth. Yes, I know there are many areas with Hispanics that are the same, but there are many more that aren't.

Gays and women have the benefit of being any social class? Do black people not have the same? Are they all born in poverty? Are no gays poor?
And in many states it's perfectly legal to fire someone for being gay. Blacks have protection from that.

And why do you assume that cops are always out to get blacks? Whatever you may think of me, I don't go out and harras or belittle those who are different than me. I may have my opinions, but they are just that. I don't assume to know someones life story or where they come from. Like in this forum, I'm just stating the world as I see it. I don't treat anyone any different. But in my encounters in DC, the local black population seem to have the most animosity.They are the ones who treat me differently.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:

Do you not believe in capitalization?

Old 10-19-2010, 10:19 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:

And yes I know there are problems in the Hispanic community. There are illegals,crime,high HS drop out rates, and a dozen other things. But by and large when left to their own, the Hispanic community thrives. Look at South Florida, San Antonio, El Paso and Northern CA. All have high Hispanic populations are are thriving, popular destinations with low crime (Well, maybe not El Paso). In area with high black populations, they are almost universally crime ridden, covered in poverty, or both. Even black "meccas" like Atlanta and PG county, they have crime that is out the roof even with supposed an abundant amount black wealth. Yes, I know there are many areas with Hispanics that are the same, but there are many more that aren't.

Gays and women have the benefit of being any social class? Do black people not have the same? Are they all born in poverty? Are no gays poor?
And in many states it's perfectly legal to fire someone for being gay. Blacks have protection from that.

And why do you assume that cops are always out to get blacks? Whatever you may think of me, I don't go out and harras or belittle those who are different than me. I may have my opinions, but they are just that. I don't assume to know someones life story or where they come from. Like in this forum, I'm just stating the world as I see it. I don't treat anyone any different. But in my encounters in DC, the local black population seem to have the most animosity.They are the ones who treat me differently.

I live in one of these "Hispanic achievement zones" you speak of (Northern California). Hispanics commit by far the most crime here, reported and unreported. I used to live in a largely hispanic city (Redwood City) and went to an elementary school where you couldn't wear blue and red because of the Nortenos and Surenos. Most of my friends throughout elementary school were hispanic... if you really think that even half of the crime that actually happens in many working class to lower middle class hispanic neighborhoods gets reported, you're sadly mistaken. The vast majority of the people I knew in the Little Mexico district of Redwood City had aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc. living in the garage or the basement illegally. Why would they call the police? It's the same **** in Chinatown up in the city... there's so much triad money laundering up there that's fronted through local laundromats and etc. that the police don't know about or choose to turn a blind eye to... it amazes me how you could be so ignorant to what impoverished living constitutes everywhere in this country. Blacks are given the ****ty rep because not too long ago they were legally second class citizens and not too long before that they weren't citizens.

Gays have the blessing and bane of not having to wear who they are on their sleeve... in some ways, this is a large part of the reason why gays do not have equal rights. In many places in the US, there are no self-proclaimed gay residents... does this really mean that there aren't any? These are the type of places where gays get mistreated for being gay. And all the hate crime legislation in the world hasn't protected blacks from racial profiling at the hands of the law itself.

And people tend to reflect how they've been treated. Places like DC are hotbeds of unreported police brutality. It's only cities like LA, NY and Chicago that are really held to global standards of humanitarianism (which they **** off a large percentage of the time anyway)... DC is just another American city with American problems.

You seem to be in denial.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:

hispanic populations are thriving????? lol did you make this stuff up yourself?? haha

Hispanics overall have more poverty then blacks period . the only Hispanic group that can even talk about thriving are Cubans. so once again cut the crap.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Do you not believe in capitalization?
yup cant back up what you say so your switching topic. the only Hispanic group who can talk about thriving are Cubans given the fact that south florida is basically run by Cubans.

now as for Hispanics overall you just made a whole bunch of crap that made no sense. you named all the Hispanic issues which are very similar to blacks then say Hispanics are thriving?

Hispanics have the highest drop out rates compared to any immigrant group in america and will soon be the majority of america and they face serious poverty.

so with that being said how in the world is the Hispanic overall population thriving???

Old 10-19-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
yup cant back up what you say so your switching topic. the only Hispanic group who can talk about thriving are Cubans given the fact that south florida is basically run by Cubans.

now as for Hispanics overall you just made a whole bunch of crap that made no sense. you named all the Hispanic issues which are very similar to blacks then say Hispanics are thriving?

Hispanics have the highest drop out rates compared to any immigrant group in america and will soon be the majority of america and they face serious poverty.

so with that being said how in the world is the Hispanic overall population thriving???
How was I changing the topic when I just answered your so called questions. Did you not read the entire post I posted before I made the remark?

Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I live in one of these "Hispanic achievement zones" you speak of (Northern California). Hispanics commit by far the most crime here, reported and unreported. I used to live in a largely hispanic city (Redwood City) and went to an elementary school where you couldn't wear blue and red because of the Nortenos and Surenos. Most of my friends throughout elementary school were hispanic... if you really think that even half of the crime that actually happens in many working class to lower middle class hispanic neighborhoods gets reported, you're sadly mistaken. The vast majority of the people I knew in the Little Mexico district of Redwood City had aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc. living in the garage or the basement illegally. Why would they call the police? It's the same **** in Chinatown up in the city... there's so much triad money laundering up there that's fronted through local laundromats and etc. that the police don't know about or choose to turn a blind eye to... it amazes me how you could be so ignorant to what impoverished living constitutes everywhere in this country. Blacks are given the ****ty rep because not too long ago they were legally second class citizens and not too long before that they weren't citizens.

Gays have the blessing and bane of not having to wear who they are on their sleeve... in some ways, this is a large part of the reason why gays do not have equal rights. In many places in the US, there are no self-proclaimed gay residents... does this really mean that there aren't any? These are the type of places where gays get mistreated for being gay. And all the hate crime legislation in the world hasn't protected blacks from racial profiling at the hands of the law itself.

And people tend to reflect how they've been treated. Places like DC are hotbeds of unreported police brutality. It's only cities like LA, NY and Chicago that are really held to global standards of humanitarianism (which they **** off a large percentage of the time anyway)... DC is just another American city with American problems.

You seem to be in denial.
LAPD and the others hold up global standards of police humanitarianism? Rodney King ring a bell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.