Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:49 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,575,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slengel View Post
i disagree with you fundamentally on this issue, so there is no point in talking about it anymore. in most st. louis neighborhoods, one is not at greater risk than they would be in urban neighborhoods of most other cities. that's what crime rankings don't explain. one can only surmise from these numbers that the entire city is dangerous. that's far from the case, and it is reckless to release rankings such as these without a very comprehensive disclaimer. over and out.
I agree with you. It is all about *distribution*. A city where violent crime is confined to limited areas of the city may wind up with the same crime rating as a city where violent crime is distributed more evenly over the entire city. My impression of St Louis is the former. On the occasions I have visited, the South side seemed very safe to me, the North side not nearly so much. I'm guessing a look at a crime map would bear this out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 07:00 AM

1,374 posts, read 3,253,477 times
"Cleveland is extremely dangerous" ... in all of the wrong areas! The city centre is largely a safe area, thanks in part to a stepped
up police presence, the safety ambassadors of the "Downtown Cleveland Alliance" are extremely visible and helpful on the streets ...
and the city has implemented a camera system that sends a live video feed to the police command center ... which has also helped to diminish safety threats.

But ...

If you were to venture into a crime infested inner city ghetto, you may discover your life being in mortal danger!!! I think the same could be stated for "most" ( not all ) of these cities.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:30 AM

2,330 posts, read 4,400,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
orlando more dangerous than baltimore?? odd
Whats just as odd is your soo called like for Baltimore but yet you agree with all of the Negative BS opinions that are stated about Baltimore.....

Old 02-22-2011, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde81 View Post
I fail to see the purpose of these studies, and the good that it does. To me, all it does it make the "dangerous" cities look worse and make some folks living there proud of coming from a rough city. Not to mention it also causes problems economically as it keeps tourism away.
And there you have it. I have been saying for years that the Negative stigma that people are pushing against Baltimore is just one of Several hidden agendas to sabotage Business, Economic, and Population Growth for Baltimore.......

Old 02-22-2011, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I don't think Miami or Orlando or going to be loosing out on tourism anytime soon
Like New York City, Chicago, DC, and LA both Miami and Orlando are exceptional cities due to the Fact that Orlando has Disney World and Miami have Beaches and is the closet city in the deep South that resembles NYC in terms of Multi-Culture.........

Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slengel View Post
yawn. anyone who takes this misleading list as truth should be ashamed of themselves.
Especially the Maryland Haters that try to paint Baltimore as an identical twin to Iraq......

Old 02-22-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
This is a category I'd gladly give to you guys in Baltimore, however it's no surprise to me that Orlando is ranked so high (low really). I used to drive a cab to make extra money and until Jan of this year when 2 were violently robbed and murdered within the span of 11 days. Outside of the attractions area, Orlando is a mixed bag of tricks and unfortunately crime is something we do well. "Have a magical day."
I highly doubt that character is from Baltimore and just because you and some others hate Baltimore that is not an excuse t make up BS opinions about Baltimore being dangerous especially if you never been to Baltimore........

Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 AM

711 posts, read 1,143,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
And there you have it. I have been saying for years that the Negative stigma that people are pushing against Baltimore is just one of Several hidden agendas to sabotage Business, Economic, and Population Growth for Baltimore.......
Yeah, these studies are quite foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.