Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,579,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
funny but very untrue. That would be like us making fun of you for a poor potato farmer, alcoholic who believes in Leprachauns! I realize that not only is this an outdated untrue stereotype but your not even from Ireland. Similarly, the place you make fun of existed years ago and still does in some rural areas. Certainly not the major cities that most of us are on here talking about.

Never thought I'd see the day but I back the Houstonions on this one.

To answer the qustion, I'd say Birmingham, AL, Kansas City, OK city, Indianapolis, Cinncinatti, Toledo, Little Rock, Sacramento, and Pittsburg. Oh, add Tampa and Hartford to that.
I don't agree with Pittsburgh (don't forget the "h"). See Buffalo above for reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 08:53 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,579,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Seriously, can we knock it off with the threads that are basically just opportunities to run down someone else's city/state/region? We have enough acrimony on these threads without actively cultivating more of it.
I agree to a certain extent, but if people are willing to support their opinions (and defintitions), I can live with these threads.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:06 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
I don't agree with Pittsburgh (don't forget the "h"). See Buffalo above for reasons.
He must have been talking about Pittsburg KS.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:30 PM

753 posts, read 758,781 times
Quote:
funny but very untrue.
<misapplied analogy snipped>

Quote:
Similarly, the place you make fun of existed years ago and still does in some rural areas. Certainly not the major cities that most of us are on here talking about.
You saying that fat people with goofy sartorial sense and a weakness for barbecued ribs are a historic relic of the South? If so, I must have run across a whole troupe of costumed reenactors the last time I was in Atlanta. They were everywhere.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:01 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,449,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
To be considered "hip" by overly made-up women with big hair, sequined blouses and bib overalls is just what the rest of us call "lame".
You just described Dallasites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Oh man, the gloves are off. All the Houstonites will come swingin. Be prepared for some below-the-belt jabs from them.
It's Houstonians just like Chicagoans.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:25 AM

443 posts, read 1,566,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
You just described Dallasites.

It's Houstonians just like Chicagoans.
The leprechaun is obviously not very bright so there's not use in arguing with him. And to Kerr Town, leave it to a Houstonian to bring up their Dallas envy out of nowhere.

I suppose if i were to go to Scotland and see a bunch of rain soaked drunks milling about with no real apparent purpose in life after busting up a soccer stadium somewhere, I could then make that assertion about your entire populace?

Old 08-07-2007, 08:38 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,574,232 times
Quote:
To be considered "hip" by overly made-up women with big hair, sequined blouses and bib overalls is just what the rest of us call "lame".
And blatant ignorance with a brain full of stereotypes that out-date your mom is what the entire world calls being lame.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:41 AM

1,872 posts, read 6,492,598 times
Quote:
I was going to say that this was the POTD, but I think it is a strong contender for POTY.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:24 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
And to Kerr Town, leave it to a Houstonian to bring up their Dallas envy out of nowhere.
Hmmm, from my experience living around Texas I'd say it's more of a situation where Houstonians are sick of people from Dallas always down-talking Houston and trying to make it out to seem like a bad place (whether by ignorance or on purpose). Since it is a comparable rival, after all (though Dallas hates to admit it). Take for example the incident with the 2012 Olympic finalists...

Old 08-07-2007, 02:52 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
Quote:
Hey kickboxing seamstress!
Don't the men in Scotland wear dresses and walk around with bagpipes? If THAT isn't hip I don't know what is, NOT!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.