Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:59 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,165,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Actually, Nebraska is NOT flat. It is quite hilly and beautiful in many areas. However, I don't expect anyone on this thread to believe that.
Actually, I believe you. I've driven all over Nebraska and not just on the interstates and can attest to what you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 01:56 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
I would be afraid to live in a red state, since I'm gay. I don't want to live in a hate mongering place that passes legislation to make gays feel like they are second class citizens.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I would be afraid to live in a red state, since I'm gay. I don't want to live in a hate mongering place that passes legislation to make gays feel like they are second class citizens.
Californians voted to make gay marriage illegal.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:31 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,255,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
That doesn't hold weight for me. Even as someone recently re-located to Philadelphia, I'd be much happier in a place like Houston or Atlanta than I would be in some small conservative town in rural New York or Connecticut. For me, the local social and political climate has more influence on my day-to-day life - not something as abstract as the state.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:42 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Actually, Nebraska is NOT flat. It is quite hilly and beautiful in many areas. However, I don't expect anyone on this thread to believe that.
I always thought is was flat, but I will believe you because I've never been there and you have.

Also, I know how many misperceptions people have of what they think MY state looks like!

Old 07-30-2011, 08:59 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I always thought is was flat, but I will believe you because I've never been there and you have.

Also, I know how many misperceptions people have of what they think MY state looks like!
The part that people usually see is the Platte River valley, because they don't get off the interstate. That part is pretty flat and boring, but the whole state is not like that. It's flat compared to the mountain states,of course, but there are some very pretty, hilly areas.

You're in NJ, right? I admit I had some preconceived notions, but I have seen some very pretty pictures. There's a lot of natural beauty in NJ.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:51 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,202,674 times
I'm Afraid of the wide open country states. So every state for that matter.

I'm also afraid of places in New England due to the witchcraft non-sense, I still think it's the worst place in this country. I'm afraid of places like Iowa,Nebraska,Montana,Idaho, The Dakotas because again wide open plains, the neighbors and social centers too far apart.

States with the small towns where everything seems backwards and all the people are limited thinkers. (Florida Has A Lot OF Those)

I'm ESPECIALLY AFRAID OF UTAH and TEXAS, just those people are creepy. I'm afraid of Cali for earthquakes. Afraid of Alaska because it's just entirely too unique for me. Foreign coming from hot and humid and bustling people all year.

Only state I could bare would be Florida. Because even though it has the wide open country fields, it's just not that wide. you can be from coast to coast in 2 or 3 hours, as opposed in most states they are a lot wider than Florida. Just too much open field for me.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:20 AM

10,748 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
I'm Afraid of the wide open country states. So every state for that matter.

I'm also afraid of places in New England due to the witchcraft non-sense, I still think it's the worst place in this country. I'm afraid of places like Iowa,Nebraska,Montana,Idaho, The Dakotas because again wide open plains, the neighbors and social centers too far apart.

States with the small towns where everything seems backwards and all the people are limited thinkers. (Florida Has A Lot OF Those)

I'm ESPECIALLY AFRAID OF UTAH and TEXAS, just those people are creepy. I'm afraid of Cali for earthquakes. Afraid of Alaska because it's just entirely too unique for me. Foreign coming from hot and humid and bustling people all year.

Only state I could bare would be Florida. Because even though it has the wide open country fields, it's just not that wide. you can be from coast to coast in 2 or 3 hours, as opposed in most states they are a lot wider than Florida. Just too much open field for me.
This has to be the most supersticious nonsense I have ever read. Yes, don't come to Massachusetts. There are witches flying around on broomsticks everywhere. In fact just yesterday I saw a witch cast a spell and turned a child into a toad. Don't go to Alaska either, it's so foreign and nobody there speaks English, in fact it's all Russian now. Stay away from California as the earth might open up from right under you and swallow you up alive. It happens everyday in LA, and have peace of mind that Florida has no risk of natural disasters. Your judging small town folk as being limited thinkers, just reread your own post and limited thinking will be a very vivid reflection. Pfft...

Old 07-31-2011, 04:49 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,202,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
This has to be the most supersticious nonsense I have ever read. Yes, don't come to Massachusetts. There are witches flying around on broomsticks everywhere. In fact just yesterday I saw a witch cast a spell and turned a child into a toad. Don't go to Alaska either, it's so foreign and nobody there speaks English, in fact it's all Russian now. Stay away from California as the earth might open up from right under you and swallow you up alive. It happens everyday in LA, and have peace of mind that Florida has no risk of natural disasters. Your judging small town folk as being limited thinkers, just reread your own post and limited thinking will be a very vivid reflection. Pfft...
No, your obviously offended although no where was my post personal towards other people just personal from my own eyes.
If the thread stated "Are There States People Are Afraid OF" Dont Be Mad If Your State Is Mentioned. WHo Does That? I even mentioned my own state matter of fact so how can I be limited minded of thinking? I may be limited to where I;d be comfortable living but not my thinking, don't insult me because I don't live where you want/or do live.

My foreignness about Alaska strictly refers to weather if you didn't catch that. -___________-

Also I'm very aware of the Natural disasters in Florida. I'm more afraid of an earthquake than a hurricane, a land slide than a flood, etc. Is why I know certain states I'd more than likely have no sense of comfort living there. STOP TAKING THE POST SO DAMN PERSONAL!

Old 07-31-2011, 07:54 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
STOP TAKING THE POST SO DAMN PERSONAL!
You called people from Utah and Texas creepy. I'm pretty sure people from those states are going to take that personal and be offended.
Not to mention it cracks me up when people say they don't like such and such a place because the people there must be narrow minded, well, because that's what they've always heard about those kinds of places. Nothing like being open minded about a place you've never visited, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.