Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
haha you put Houston when you're from DFW. hahaha
Oh lord, not THIS again....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 02:48 PM

739 posts, read 1,188,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
haha you put Houston when you're from DFW. hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Oh lord, not THIS again....
neither Dallas or Houston is visually boring. People know that. Just naming these cities outta spite.

I'm talking about gray, dull, looking cities or towns. Decrepit, old factories and buildings. Abandoned, trashed out lots/lands. No scenery. Hardly skylines. Flat land for miles. That kind of thing.....

Old 07-06-2012, 05:22 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Palm View Post
neither Dallas or Houston is visually boring. People know that. Just naming these cities outta spite.

I'm talking about gray, dull, looking cities or towns. Decrepit, old factories and buildings. Abandoned, trashed out lots/lands. No scenery. Hardly skylines. Flat land for miles. That kind of thing.....
Well, I was talking about the whole DFW (Dallas) vs. Houston thing, but I understand...

Old 07-06-2012, 06:25 PM

739 posts, read 1,188,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well, I was talking about the whole DFW (Dallas) vs. Houston thing, but I understand...
LOL! Oh that again, ok. I see. Yes.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 AM

47 posts, read 184,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clshawcolo View Post
My boring city in Wyoming is Cheyenne. In Oklahoma: OK City. In Tennessee: Memphis, except for Beale Street and Graceland. In TX: Houston - too little zoning, too many ghetos. In Florida: Orlando, even Disney World doesn't help. In Ohio: Akron.

I live just outside of Orlando in Clermont and when I moved here there were rolling hills of citrus groves...now all developments. I agree with Disney..I worked there for years and you do start to think you are in your own cement filled, backdrop fantasy world and forget about Florida's real beauty. When I left it was like being released from prison My biggest reason for leaving the State is to see beauty again.
My daughters live in Palm Beach County and will never leave. One actually left Nantucket to return.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:59 AM

47 posts, read 184,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Binghamton kind of has a scaled down Pittsburgh type of look to it. I'm thinking of views like this: binghamton ny - Google Search

binghamton ny - Google Search

I couldn't get the links to open...I'll google it direct. To be fair when I was there was in 1991 and I had to drive down from Auburn every day and the road in was horrible. All I saw was lots of construction, road damage ( typical of NYS though from the snow) and nothing pretty. I really didn't look into the suburbs.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:47 PM

133 posts, read 219,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheypepper View Post
I live just outside of Orlando in Clermont and when I moved here there were rolling hills of citrus groves...now all developments. I agree with Disney..I worked there for years and you do start to think you are in your own cement filled, backdrop fantasy world and forget about Florida's real beauty. When I left it was like being released from prison My biggest reason for leaving the State is to see beauty again.
My daughters live in Palm Beach County and will never leave. One actually left Nantucket to return.
Glad you were able to escape the concrete jungles of Disneyworld.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:03 AM

345 posts, read 1,031,207 times
San Jose, CA. Especially given the huge population.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:50 AM

14 posts, read 26,981 times
If you want to see a really ugly and boring "city" try Killeen, TX. You people who put cities in CA and FL on the list don't know how much worse it could be...

Old 08-01-2012, 06:53 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not-a-native-Texan View Post
If you want to see a really ugly and boring "city" try Killeen, TX. You people who put cities in CA and FL on the list don't know how much worse it could be...
Yeah the only city in TX that I've heard of people really liking was Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.