Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 12:57 AM

521 posts, read 1,629,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline887 View Post
YEa, chicago should to be the second largest in the us.Largest cities in the United States by population by decade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If all the global stuff reall happens yes. Maybe 50-70 years i think most of the coastal cties will be flooded. When that happens everyone will come back to the midwest and chicago would be number 1. The midwest will be really valuable seeing how the largest freshwater lakes are located there. Imagine buying plenty of real estate have it set up for your grandkids. they will be rich !!!
You'd like that wouldnt you. Unfortunately, people still wouldnt "flock" to the midwest if something like this were to happen, which it wont.
Besides, people would rather go to Arizona and Nevada and continue to live the westcoast lifestyle, instead of having to put up with living in the midwest.
So tell those grandkids not to hold their breath. Their plots of land still wont be worth the dirt it sits on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Nope...that's SF.
Yep, San Francisco is the 2nd most dense city in the U.S. Yet another city Chicago falls 3rd to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 01:41 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
You'd like that wouldnt you. Unfortunately, people still wouldnt "flock" to the midwest if something like this were to happen, which it wont.
Besides, people would rather go to Arizona and Nevada and continue to live the westcoast lifestyle, instead of having to put up with living in the midwest.
So tell those grandkids not to hold their breath. Their plots of land still wont be worth the dirt it sits on.

Yep, San Francisco is the 2nd most dense city in the U.S. Yet another city Chicago falls 3rd to.
If/when this happens, people would be too paranoid to stay near the coast and it would be way too crowded in certain areas and not have enough food and water to support the people.

Actually, being the densest city in America, Union City, New Jersey is number one. There are plenty more that would push large cities down.

Union City, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-31-2008, 09:28 AM

521 posts, read 1,629,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
If/when this happens, people would be too paranoid to stay near the coast and it would be way too crowded in certain areas and not have enough food and water to support the people.

Actually, being the densest city in America, Union City, New Jersey is number one. There are plenty more that would push large cities down.

Union City, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its not happening. But keep hoping.
I love it how Chicago needs a historic disaster in order to attract a mass amount of people to get it over NY and LA. Says alot about your "great" city.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:48 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Its not happening. But keep hoping.
I love it how Chicago needs a historic disaster in order to attract a mass amount of people to get it over NY and LA. Says alot about your "great" city.
Wow, another Californian sharing his/her wonderful opinion.

Duuuude, like, get hella baked and, like, go hella rage on a surfboard right now, bra.

Last edited by Steve-o; 07-31-2008 at 10:05 AM..

Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
people would rather go to Arizona and Nevada and continue to live the westcoast lifestyle
Wow, thats really brilliant. AZ and NV are "west coast" now, huh? Duuuuude, like, put down the doobage and, like, learn geography, aight?

Heaven help us.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:56 AM

85 posts, read 122,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Wow, thats really brilliant. AZ and NV are "west coast" now, huh? Duuuuude, like, put down the doobage and, like, learn geography, aight?

Heaven help us.
well i think he is refering to when califonia (the whole state) breaks off into the ocean that NV and AZ will become the new west coast. Ha

Old 07-31-2008, 10:00 AM

595 posts, read 2,743,042 times
Steve-o, while I think that you're impersonations of the soCal surfur dudes and valley girls are actually pretty funny, those that live their may find it offensive and they will continue to trash the Midwest about how nobody from Cali would ever even consider a vacation there because it's so boring and flat and all we do is eat corn and sit on our porch in our rocking chairs and watch the grass grow because California is the king of the world and nothing else compares.

Oh, and LA is BY FARRR better than New York will ever be.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Steve-o, while I think that you're impersonations of the soCal surfur dudes and valley girls are actually pretty funny, those that live their may find it offensive
But its ok for them to trash every place in the nation, pretty much? Screw that. If they make fun of other places and cant handle a little jabbing back, then theyre even.... ahhh, nevermind.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 AM

85 posts, read 122,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
But its ok for them to trash every place in the nation, pretty much? Screw that. If they make fun of other places and cant handle a little jabbing back, then theyre even.... ahhh, nevermind.
I wasn't insulted i thought it was quite funny

Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker View Post
I wasn't insulted i thought it was quite funny
Thats cool. I just think everyone is getting sick of some Californians thinking that CA is nirvana, and that every other place, well, sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.