Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 PM

647 posts, read 1,523,600 times

Advertisements

According to Best Cities for Single Men the list is:

1. Boston, MA
2. Baltimore, MD
3. Washington D.C.
4. Philadelphia, PA
5. Denver, CO
6. Fort Worth, TX
7. Seattle, WA
8. Chicago, IL
9. San Francisco, CA
10. Indianapolis, IN

What do you guys think? As a 27-year-old male who has been single for too long and is picking a new city this is a pretty important factor for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 01:43 AM

87 posts, read 229,870 times
Those first four cities are among the worst four cities for single men.

Remove cities 1-4 from the list and you'd have a good list, except for #7.

My list of the Best US Cities for Single Men 2013 would be:

1. San Francisco
2. Pittsburgh
3. New York City
4. Denver
5. Chicago

Old 03-25-2013, 02:56 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,516,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post

1. Boston, MA
2. Baltimore, MD
3. Washington D.C.
4. Philadelphia, PA
5. Denver, CO
6. Fort Worth, TX
7. Seattle, WA
8. Chicago, IL
9. San Francisco, CA
10. Indianapolis, IN

What do you guys think? As a 27-year-old male who has been single for too long and is picking a new city this is a pretty important factor for me.
Nice to see Indy made the list.
Seems like there are alot of singles in Downtown Indianapolis and with tons of resturants to eat at that doesnt surprise me Indy made the list.
Indy has the lowest cost of living of any major US city and the nations most affordable housing market so its easy to live on a single income in Indianapolis.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:

1. Boston, MA
2. Baltimore, MD
3. Washington D.C.
4. Philadelphia, PA
5. Denver, CO
6. Fort Worth, TX
7. Seattle, WA
8. Chicago, IL
9. San Francisco, CA
10. Indianapolis, IN

I think using a list fabricated by a random website is probably not the way to go. It might be best to figure out why you're still single. Apparently the current methodology isn't working well for you and has to do with either your own issues or those of the women you're dating or trying to date. A change of venue generally doesn't fix everything in this instance, unlike other life changes that moving elsewhere will often handle.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,258,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I think using a list fabricated by a random website is probably not the way to go. It might be best to figure out why you're still single. Apparently the current methodology isn't working well for you and has to do with either your own issues or those of the women you're dating or trying to date. A change of venue generally doesn't fix everything in this instance, unlike other life changes that moving elsewhere will often handle.
Well to be fair if you are in the Deep South where everyone marries at age 19 and you are still single at 27, then moving may be a viable solution. If that's not the case, then I agree.

I do however disagree with some of the cities listed. San Francisco and Seattle are probably great for single gay men, but I think for a straight guy places like NYC, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angeles would be preferable.

Last edited by bchris02; 03-25-2013 at 08:54 AM..

Old 03-25-2013, 09:34 AM

502 posts, read 717,950 times
Quote:

1. Boston, MA
2. Baltimore, MD
3. Washington D.C.
4. Philadelphia, PA
5. Denver, CO
6. Fort Worth, TX
7. Seattle, WA
8. Chicago, IL
9. San Francisco, CA
10. Indianapolis, IN

This list is retarded because it's mostly based on only 2 factors: female-to-male ratios and "walkability" of a city. Female-to-male ratios can play a minor factor in reducing your odds, but its not really an issue if you're pro-active and you know which ponds to fish in. Just because a city is walkable and has lots of lively bars, clubs, restaurants with cheap drinks doesn't mean you're going to find a good woman there. Online dating has rendered this factor irrelevant anyways.

The result of this formula is putting cities with some of the worst women on top! Boston, Washington DC and Seattle are feminist hell holes. Baltimore? Sure, if you have a fat, fugly fetish then move there. Indianapolis? There are hardly any single women there, everyone is either married, knocked-up or moved out of there after 22-25 if not sooner. This list was written by another clueless moron who either knows nothing about meeting women or has sadly low expectations.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:11 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,676 times
Quote:

1. Boston, MA
2. Baltimore, MD
3. Washington D.C.
4. Philadelphia, PA
5. Denver, CO
6. Fort Worth, TX
7. Seattle, WA
8. Chicago, IL
9. San Francisco, CA
10. Indianapolis, IN

Seattle is not exactly what I would call a man friendly city. I've lived all over the country and the pacific NW in general is a rough seen for a guy if you're looking for someone to settle down with. A lot of women in cities like Seattle or Portland are very independent and prefer to stay single, as their expectations of what a man should be like are extremely unrealistic. There are lot's of single women in their 30's and 40's in Seattle, but most are ballbusting feminists that will require "wearing the pants" if you are unlucky enough to fall into a relationship with them.

If your white my list would be.

#1 Indianapolis
#2 Denver
#3 Minneapolis
#4 Boise
#5 Austin

If your black

#1 DC
#2 Chicago
#3 Houston
#4 Miami
#5 Atlanta

If your Latino

#1 Los Angles
#2 Miami
#3 Houston
#4 New York
#5 Chicago

Old 03-25-2013, 05:02 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times
^^^ And if you're a sexy Asian?

Old 03-25-2013, 05:07 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
^^^ And if you're a sexy Asian?
LA/SF/NYC?

his answers kind of assume you're looking for the same race as yourself though. which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

i'm going to make one observation about this thread: it sounds like a lot of you are not single by choice. it sounds like you guys are trying to get into LTR's. being single because you can't find a life partner and being single because you genuinely prefer the single lifestyle are ENTIRELY different things, and while one city might be good for finding a LTR, it might be awful for random hookups.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:45 PM

27,231 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
cities listed. San Francisco and Seattle are probably great for single gay men, but I think for a straight guy places like NYC, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angeles would be preferable.
As a gay male I agree regarding San Francisco and to a lesser degree Seattle. NYC, LA and Miami in my opinion are right up with San Francisco in terms of being gay male-centric and are not exactly bastions of heterosexuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.