Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 03:33 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Incorrect. Neither of the sources that you provided match your claims. As you will see in the unemployment rate chart, there are several states that have a lower unemployment rate than Texas. North Dakota, FYI, has the lowest unemployment rate in the US.

Furthermore, the 2012 national average per capita GDP is $42,693. According to the Bureau of Business & Economic Research, Texas falls a little bit below that at $41,471. For a state that apparently has such a fantastic economy, that's not much to boast about.

https://bber.unm.edu/econ/us-pci.htm
Hilarious!

North Dakota's entire state population is even smaller than the City of Fort Worth.

11.7 people per square mile in North Dakota versus 98.1 per square mile in Texas.

That said, who in their right mind besides a farmer married to their family ranch would want to live in North Dakota? You couldn't pay me enough to live there.

You truly are a piece Jennifat.

Oh & Texas IS the largest, fastest growing state. Next would be Florida followed way down the list by California.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...on_growth_rate

Last edited by Metro Matt; 06-30-2014 at 03:55 PM..

Old 06-30-2014, 03:58 PM

We're Texans, we're wealthy, & we know it.

We rank 2nd in total number of Millionaires & 3rd in total number of Billionaires.

When COL is factored in Texas is #1 for both.

Which States Have the Most Millionaires?*|*Reboot Illinois

http://www.investopedia.com/financia...ionaires-.aspx

Old 06-30-2014, 04:04 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

We rank 2nd in total number of Millionaires & 3rd in total number of Billionaires.

Top 9 States With The Most Billionaires
And we also rank 2nd in total population! Will these big numbers ever stop?!?!?!

Old 06-30-2014, 04:06 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
We had our own border covered while Obama was busy sending more troops to get killed in Iraq weeks ago.

Sad.

You mean those troops that right wing conservatives (Republicans in Congress) are demanding that we send in there? Have you been watching the news? Republicans are screaming for sending thousands of troops in there, or blasting Obama for not keeping them there. They make no mention of the refusal of the Iraqi govt to give our troops immunity. Disgusting.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:07 PM

Who would want to be rich & live in a state like North Dakota or Minnesota?

That's just depressing any way you look at it.

At least in Texas you can have your own private yacht on the Gulf Coast & sail across the World.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:11 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:

When COL is factored in Texas is #1 for both.

Top 9 States With The Most Billionaires
well given it is number 2 in population that does not surprise me. Its per cap isnt all that great

on billionaires there are so few to begin with

I am not a billionaire and unless you are or have a trust from one struggle with that metric

Old 06-30-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
well given it is number 2 in population that does not surprise me. Its per cap isnt all that great

on billionaires there are so few to begin with

I am not a billionaire and unless you are or have a trust from one struggle with that metric
Texas had 44 Billionaires by last count. The Wealthiest being Alice Walton at an estimated $34.3 billion.

Pennsylvania has 7. The wealthiest being Mary Alice Malone at an estimated $2.8 billion.

Again, when COL is factored in it pays to be wealthy in Texas versus California or New York.

The rich only continue to get richer in Texas.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:22 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,513 times
It is full of people who are proud of something they did NOTHING to achieve.

I am saddened whenever somebody says they are proud to be from somewhere... you are literally proud of something of which you had NO control over. Isn't pride suppose to be reserved for something you have actually done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIG4-03Gru4

People are just pleased with where they were born. Proud is a silly word for it.

That said, for the most part I like Texas, it is on my list of possible moves. I am just hearing out peoples' pride of being from there.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
It is full of people who are proud of something they did NOTHING to achieve.

I am saddened whenever somebody says they are proud to be from somewhere... you are literally proud of something of which you had NO control over. Isn't pride suppose to be reserved for something you have actually done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIG4-03Gru4

People are just pleased with where they were born. Proud is a silly word for it.

That said, for the most part I like Texas, it is on my list of possible moves. I am just hearing out peoples' pride of being from there.
Remember The Alamo?

I'd gladly accept Phil Collins as a true Texan any day for what he did.

He says he was amazed by Texas the first time he toured here in 73 & has been infatuated with its history & people ever since.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/phil-col...-to-the-alamo/

Old 06-30-2014, 04:34 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,513 times
Quote:
Remember The Alamo?

I'd gladly accept Phil Collins as a true Texan any day.

He says he was amazed by Texas the first time he toured here in 73 & has been infatuated with its history & people ever since.

Phil Collins donates revolution artifacts to the Alamo - CBS News
How many "proud Texans" alive today fought at the Alamo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.