Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 AM

455 posts, read 1,228,601 times

Advertisements

Naples, Florida. Not all it is siad to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,944 times
Portland, Oregon. Not the least desirable place by any stretch and certainly I love the accessibility to the mountains and ocean. But the city itself I found to be uninspiring and a huge disappointment.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:47 AM

2,408 posts, read 14,392,665 times
Atlanta. I used to live there. The city was so hyped up and I was sucked into the hype, relocating there on a whim, but I found myself throwing myself at Atlanta and all it had to offer, exploring and just finding asking "is this all that there is?" It just seemed so bland and underwhelming. I didn't understand what the big deal was about the place.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:46 AM

719 posts, read 2,666,187 times
I absolutely LOVE living in Austin (With the exception of the weather). However, I've never understood why people come here to visit. . . Or the hype, for that matter.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:46 PM

812 posts, read 4,083,099 times
I've disliked LA for quite some time, so this reaction took place quite some time ago, but when I started having to go to/thru LA more and more for dealings, conventions, etc, I was pretty shocked to realize that I hated it. I think it's because I saw such a stark contrast to what everyone is led to believe on TV (and I'm a Californian, so I already knew it was BS!). Now that I reside between San Diego and Northern CA, it's just that thing that gets in the way of an otherwise not terrible drive, if I choose not to fly.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:53 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,899,154 times
Chicago is the great American city. Los Angeles is just overhyped.

I think Cleveland would be better off if it wasn't in Ohio.
I never expected anything more from Columbus than it was, and being from
the Detroit area, the city of Detroit itself is nothing to discuss.
Indianapolis is nice enough, but if I lived there, I'd still make trips to Chicago whenever possible.

I've taken Cincinnati, Louisville, and Lexington off my "visit next summer" list. Minneapolis remains an option for a road trip, as does Boston.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:01 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,628,534 times
Austin.....the last 3 times I visited I felt like I never left Dallas. If I wanted to see a bunch of uptight fake plastic snobs then I would have stayed home in Dallas, not driven 3 hours to deal with traffic 10 times worse than Dallas & Houston combined, and deal with the same kind of *******s I can see here.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:12 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,288,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
Austin.....the last 3 times I visited I felt like I never left Dallas. If I wanted to see a bunch of uptight fake plastic snobs then I would have stayed home in Dallas, not driven 3 hours to deal with traffic 10 times worse than Dallas & Houston combined, and deal with the same kind of *******s I can see here.
AHAHAHAHAHAH that made me laugh.
i like most areas,although i went to DC and was approached by like a million bums. One threated to throw me in a trash can if i were a piece of paper... ... I liked DC though, the chinatown is not all that great though. The Museums are awesome, and they have little islands of cement and grass where all the hobos live . I did like it though.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:48 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,345,179 times
Los Angeles; it is the only place where I felt that knowing English is useless. The traffic is also horrible. Going to Santa Monica Beach at ANY TIME of the day is always like peak time going 10 MPH on a highway.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:35 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
Chicago is the great American city. Los Angeles is just overhyped.

I think Cleveland would be better off if it wasn't in Ohio.
I never expected anything more from Columbus than it was, and being from
the Detroit area, the city of Detroit itself is nothing to discuss.
Indianapolis is nice enough, but if I lived there, I'd still make trips to Chicago whenever possible.

I've taken Cincinnati, Louisville, and Lexington off my "visit next summer" list. Minneapolis remains an option for a road trip, as does Boston.
Just curious why you don't have an interest to see Louisville? Or even Cincy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.