Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 11:48 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,328,642 times

Advertisements

Are there any major cities in your state that you haven't even been to?

I live in Texas, but have never been to Corpus Christi, Laredo, or Lubbock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 11:56 PM

302 posts, read 769,447 times
I've only ever really hung out at the bus stations waiting around for a bus transfer in Lansing and Flint. Otherwise the biggest Michigan cities that I think I haven't been to at all would be Dearborn and I guess East Lansing.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:41 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
States I've lived in:

Colorado

Montrose, (pop 19K); had a friend from there though.

Durango, (pop 17K); once boinked a girl from there though.

Canon City, (pop 16K); my company does business there occasionally though.

Haven't been too remotely close to any of them.

Washington

Sammamish, (pop 48K); not sure I've actually been within the city limits. I know I've played baseball at Marymoor Park in nearby Redmond, and I'm sure I've seen a peek-a-boo of Lake Sammamish from I-90.

Burien, (pop 46K); I've traveled to/from SeaTac several times, but I don't think I've ever actually been in Burien (even though the city limit is just west of the airport property).

Edmonds, (pop 40K); Quite possible I've never been to Edmonds, even though I spent every formative summer of my life a mere 7 miles away.

I should be in Washington in a few months, I will make it a point to visit each of these cities.

California:

Torrance, (pop 146K); Not certain I've ever been to Torrance, even though I was born 10 miles away. I don't think I've even been on the portion of the 405 that passes through it.

Simi Valley, (pop 124K); Can't say I've ever been to Simi Valley (pop 124K). It's mostly a "safe" place for SFV cops and perfect families to live from what I understand.

Concord, (pop 124K); I know I've been through the Amtrak station in nearby Martinez, but I don't recall a past situation where I've ever been there.

I will also be in CA in a few months. I'll visit these cities too. But maybe not Simi Valley.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:40 PM

177 posts, read 331,727 times
A bunch

Old 03-22-2015, 01:35 PM

707 posts, read 750,278 times
I've never been to Carlsbad or Roswell.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:43 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,702,283 times
California native who has never been to San Francisco.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:01 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
I live in Michigan, and I think I've been to all of the "major" cities in the state, unless you count large suburbs.

I'm still missing most of the Upper Peninsula though, and a few of the cities (like Battle Creek and Benton Harbor) I think I haven't done anything beyond stopping for lunch.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
States I've lived in:

Colorado

Montrose, (pop 19K); had a friend from there though.

Durango, (pop 17K); once boinked a girl from there though.

Canon City, (pop 16K); my company does business there occasionally though.

Haven't been too remotely close to any of them.

Washington

Sammamish, (pop 48K); not sure I've actually been within the city limits. I know I've played baseball at Marymoor Park in nearby Redmond, and I'm sure I've seen a peek-a-boo of Lake Sammamish from I-90.

Burien, (pop 46K); I've traveled to/from SeaTac several times, but I don't think I've ever actually been in Burien (even though the city limit is just west of the airport property).

Edmonds, (pop 40K); Quite possible I've never been to Edmonds, even though I spent every formative summer of my life a mere 7 miles away.

I should be in Washington in a few months, I will make it a point to visit each of these cities.

California:

Torrance, (pop 146K); Not certain I've ever been to Torrance, even though I was born 10 miles away. I don't think I've even been on the portion of the 405 that passes through it.

Simi Valley, (pop 124K); Can't say I've ever been to Simi Valley (pop 124K). It's mostly a "safe" place for SFV cops and perfect families to live from what I understand.

Concord, (pop 124K); I know I've been through the Amtrak station in nearby Martinez, but I don't recall a past situation where I've ever been there.

I will also be in CA in a few months. I'll visit these cities too. But maybe not Simi Valley.
I live in Sammamish, and went to High School In Concord CA. I would not consider Sammamish a major city, more of a suburban bedroom community, and you didn't miss much in Concord. A lot like Martinez but without the quaint old downtown waterfront.

We have been all over WA in our 21 years here, and only one well known city, Walla Walla we have somehow missed but it's actually smaller than Sammamish, so not really major.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:54 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I live in Sammamish, and went to High School In Concord CA. I would not consider Sammamish a major city, more of a suburban bedroom community, and you didn't miss much in Concord. A lot like Martinez but without the quaint old downtown waterfront.

We have been all over WA in our 21 years here, and only one well known city, Walla Walla we have somehow missed but it's actually smaller than Sammamish, so not really major.
And I have been to Walla Walla, and aside from the cute downtown, you're not missing much either.

I've been to all of the major/anchor type cities in WA, I was actually shocked that the largest cities I've missed were all Seattle suburbs. In fact, I'm only missing Ferry, San Juan, Wahkiakum, Mason, and Klickitat counties in the state.

Interesting that I haven't been to either where you live now, and where you attended high school, considering we both spent much of our lives in those two states.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:48 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,253,228 times
Alabama: Huntsville, Mobile, Opelika-Auburn, Dothan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.