Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 10:36 AM

1,802 posts, read 1,952,089 times

Advertisements

Visited:
Annapolis (visited inside the capitol building)
Dover
Boston
Nashville (visited the state museum next to the capitol building)

Passed through:
Trenton
Harrisburg
Hartford
Providence
Augusta
Richmond
Columbus
Indianapolis
Charleston, WV
Tallahassee
Olympia

Not as many as I would have liked, but I'm not a big traveler. There's definitely a lot out there even if I've streetviewed many more not on this list.

If we're adding Canadian provinces, then add Quebec City (visited) and Toronto (passed through) to the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2022, 12:26 PM

2,446 posts, read 2,231,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Ones I've driven through, but didn't really explore:

Birmingham, AL(street viewing Birmingham, actually makes me want to visit this city someday. same with neighboring Mountain Brook)
We'd love to have you visit someday, but you should know we're not the state capital... that honor goes to Montgomery.

Old 03-08-2022, 12:35 PM

1,485 posts, read 2,251,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
We'd love to have you visit someday, but you should know we're not the state capital... that honor goes to Montgomery.

Birmingham is pretty much the capital of Alabama in everything except for legislation.

Old 03-08-2022, 01:27 PM

14,166 posts, read 9,058,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzador View Post
Birmingham is pretty much the capital of Alabama in everything except for legislation.
It's been said of my hometown of Kansas City, Mo., that it's the capital of a state it's not even in, namely, next-door Kansas.

The Kansas side of the Kansas City metro is home to one in every four Kansans and dominates the state's politics, or would were Wyandotte County (Kansas City, Kan.) not Democratic. (Johnson, the state's most populous county, is solidly Republican, though.)

Old 03-08-2022, 03:18 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzador View Post
Ha, I get your point....but legislation is literally the one and only thing that makes a place a "capital"...

Old 03-16-2022, 04:33 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,420,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Ones I've driven through, but didn't really explore:
Birmingham, AL(street viewing Birmingham, actually makes me want to visit this city someday. same with neighboring Mountain Brook)
Birmingham and its exceptional downtown architecture is well worth a visit, as is our capitol, Montgomery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.