Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 05:12 PM

816 posts, read 1,396,288 times

Advertisements

Hopefully this question belongs in this forum. I know in the past, Cleveland has had a bad reputation. I am curious to know what the current image of my city is like. What is your guys' perception of Cleveland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 05:50 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
I've never been there, but I take it for still below-average, and not as appealing to me as I would like.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:53 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,638,610 times
It's alright.
I'm from St.Louis, what do you think of mine ?

Old 02-26-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I've never been there, but I take it for still below-average, and not as appealing to me as I would like.
Thank you for your opinion!

Old 02-26-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
It's alright.
I'm from St.Louis, what do you think of mine ?
Can you expound on the "alright"?

I like St. Louis! I feel that it is similar to Cleveland. It seems to be between a mid to large city. I may be wrong, but it seems like St. Louis has a large amount of row houses and I am a big fan of row houses. I understand that St. Louis, much like Cleveland, has a crime problem though... It is still a visually appealing city in my book.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:00 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
I've been to CLE several times and I actually really like the area. It has a LOT of character, with 80 little cities and villages surrounding Cleveland proper, all with their own unique appearance and vibe. The architecture is incredible and being on the lake is really nice. My only complaints are that the roads are generally terrible, with lots of cracks, warps and potholes, and that there are huge swaths of bad neighborhoods within the city. But it makes the Columbus area look a lot more bland. I absolutely loved Lakewood, Shaker Heights, and some parts within Cleveland itself. I also like how the whole metro area feels like it belongs near the east coast. It doesn't really feel Midwestern so much at all. There is a lot of culture, arts and the metro parks are just great. Tons of housing options, too, at excellent prices. Sometimes I wish I moved there instead of Columbus, but I still like Columbus for other reasons.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I've been to CLE several times and I actually really like the area. It has a LOT of character, with 80 little cities and villages surrounding Cleveland proper, all with their own unique appearance and vibe. The architecture is incredible and being on the lake is really nice. My only complaints are that the roads are generally terrible, with lots of cracks, warps and potholes, and that there are huge swaths of bad neighborhoods within the city. But it makes the Columbus area look a lot more bland. I absolutely loved Lakewood, Shaker Heights, and some parts within Cleveland itself. I also like how the whole metro area feels like it belongs near the east coast. It doesn't really feel Midwestern so much at all. There is a lot of culture, arts and the metro parks are just great. Tons of housing options, too, at excellent prices. Sometimes I wish I moved there instead of Columbus, but I still like Columbus for other reasons.
Thank you for voicing your opinion! I do agree, the roads in Cleveland are pretty bad! but with the approaching RNC, I feel that the city will ramp up their efforts to fix the streets. I do recognize your username from the Cleveland forums by the way.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:06 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
I had a law school professor (he was from Texas but taught at a California school) who mentioned once that he traveled to St. Louis with high expectations and was disappointed, and that he traveled to Cleveland with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. He didn't elaborate on that really and he was my least favorite professor. He was more of an a hole than the garden variety law professor a hole.

I've only ever been to St. Louis but I overall enjoyed the downtown.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I had a law school professor (he was from Texas but taught at a California school) who mentioned once that he traveled to St. Louis with high expectations and was disappointed, and that he traveled to Cleveland with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. He didn't elaborate on that really and he was my least favorite professor. He was more of an a hole than the garden variety law professor a hole.

I've only ever been to St. Louis but I overall enjoyed the downtown.
Well I guess that's good to hear that he was pleasantly surprised.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:11 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post
Well I guess that's good to hear that he was pleasantly surprised.
He was certainly more pleasantly surprised with Cleveland than he was with my civil procedure essays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.