Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 12:00 PM

124 posts, read 202,847 times

Advertisements

I've been scouring around and now I'm in a bit of a quandary. So I was wondering if I could get opinions from people who have been to both places:which do you like better? I'm particularly interested in southwestern culture, climate, recreation, scenery, crime rate, employment, and entertainment options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 07:27 AM

Nobody?

Old 04-05-2016, 03:40 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Tucson is nicer than El Paso in probably every respect except for the heat in the summer being worse in Tucson.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:10 PM

286 posts, read 294,971 times
i have never been to either city yet, but i have done a large amount of research on both areas as i am interested in relocating to tucson as well

both have dry heat climates, very low humidity however el paso has winters where tucson does not.
both of outdoor rec but tucson is loaded with mountains and bike and hiking trails and you can even snowboard there on mt lemmon. crime in tucson is relatively high for a city its size, el paso is more a college town with a lot of music festivals and events going on.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:16 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,811,816 times
I don't see them being much different in any of those regards, but it appears Tucson would offer more outdoor recreation given the multiple sky islands and other mountains out here. I imagine being a Tucson also being a prettier place given that.

El Paso is probably easier to find employment, however.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:36 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Wages are low in both cities. They are poor metro areas. Thats important to take into consideration.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:48 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenial Hippy View Post
I've been scouring around and now I'm in a bit of a quandary. So I was wondering if I could get opinions from people who have been to both places:which do you like better? I'm particularly interested in southwestern culture, climate, recreation, scenery, crime rate, employment, and entertainment options.
The only thing that El Paso Texas can top Tucson Arizona in is its low-cost motels. So while you the weary traveler are driving through El Paso look for those low-cost Motels because that's the only thing that's going to Trump Tucson Arizona .Tucson Arizona is a much better overall cities than El Paso Texas because of the University and environment of bright young minds that they have in Tucson. + the transit is so much better. Tucson actually has light rail or at the very least street cars .Tucson Arizona is omly 100 miles from Phöenix Arizona which has NBA , NFL , NHL &
MLB & WNBA. Tucson Has a much more lively entertainment Scene as opposed to El Paso Texas.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:43 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,627,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The only thing that El Paso Texas can top Tucson Arizona in is its low-cost motels. So while you the weary traveler are driving through El Paso look for those low-cost Motels because that's the only thing that's going to Trump Tucson Arizona .Tucson Arizona is a much better overall cities than El Paso Texas because of the University and environment of bright young minds that they have in Tucson. + the transit is so much better. Tucson actually has light rail or at the very least street cars .Tucson Arizona is omly 100 miles from Phöenix Arizona which has NBA , NFL , NHL &
MLB & WNBA. Tucson Has a much more lively entertainment Scene as opposed to El Paso Texas.
El Paso is building a streetcar. It will run in a loop from UTEP to Downtown El Paso just like the streetcar in Tucson runs in a loop from the U of A to Downtown Tucson. Also, Tucson and El Paso have very similar bus systems, both with about 16 million trips annually.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
I don't see them being much different in any of those regards, but it appears Tucson would offer more outdoor recreation given the multiple sky islands and other mountains out here. I imagine being a Tucson also being a prettier place given that.

El Paso is probably easier to find employment, however.
What makes you say that?

Old 04-06-2016, 04:57 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,021,695 times
Between these two choices, Tucson. I still think it's a cool city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.