Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 05:16 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times

Advertisements

I just moved back to Gilbert, Arizona and while I wouldn't mind staying in Arizona it is virtually impossible to ever come across a single guy anywhere in the metropolitan area.

The shortage of single men in Arizona is like the shortage of housing in San Francisco. Blue Moons are more common then single guys in Phoenix.

The people who are moving to Phoenix in droves are wealthy married people from the Midwest and families priced out of California. Lots of mini-vans with Texas plates, I am assuming from Houston.

I wouldn't mind staying in Arizona but going out into public and virtually every guy is married or coupled. Phoenix is certainly a men's market as long as a guy has a pulse, he has a massive selection of women to choose from.
All my co-workers who are guys are married or have significant others. It's a case of deja vu when it comes to being here as last time I lived in Arizona it was the same thing.

No matter where I go in Phoenix it seems to be exclusively female as far as singles scene.

Las Vegas is another city with the massive leisure and hospitality industry that it's a very rare to see a single guy as men have a huge variety of any type of woman to choose from.

I have tried California and it's not for me. It's very expensive which means people who are not six-figure earners are usually coupled to leverage the housing costs.

I know last time I was in Florida it seemed it actually have single guys.

A co-worker was crazy enough to recommend Dallas as they are familiar with it but I can't imagine Dallas having single guy population as virtually every Texas metropolitan area is married with family oriented.

I was wondering what metropolitan areas and states have single guys in larger proportions.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 10-18-2016 at 05:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 05:18 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,976,193 times
Midland/Odessa,Texas has lots of single guys.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:36 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I just moved back to Gilbert, Arizona and while I wouldn't mind staying in Arizona it is virtually impossible to ever come across a single guy anywhere in the metropolitan area.

The shortage of single men in Arizona is like the shortage of housing in San Francisco. Blue Moons are common then single guys in Phoenix.

The people who are moving to Phoenix in droves are wealthy married people from the Midwest and families priced out of California. Lots of mini-vans with Texas plates, I am assuming from Houston.

I wouldn't mind staying in Arizona but going out into public and virtually every guy is married or coupled. Phoenix is certainly a men's market as long as a guy has a pulse, he has a massive selection of women to choose from.
All my co-workers who are guys are married or have significant others. It's a case of deja vu when it comes to being here as last time I lived in Arizona it was the same thing.

No matter where I go in Phoenix it seems to be exclusively female as far as singles scene.

Las Vegas is another city with the massive leisure and hospitality industry that it's a very rare to see a single guy as men have a huge variety of any type of woman to choose from.

I have tried California and it's not for me. It's very expensive which means people who are not six-figure earners are usually coupled to leverage the housing costs.

A co-worker was crazy enough to recommend Dallas as they are familiar with it but I can't imagine Dallas having single guy population as virtually every Texas metropolitan area is married with family oriented.

I was wondering what metropolitan areas and states have single guys in larger proportions.
I always thought the west had alot more single men? dallas denver? to paraphrase a great saying go west young woman or think about staying out west

acs wikimedia commons photo

Old 10-18-2016, 05:47 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I always thought the west had alot more single men? dallas denver? to paraphrase a great saying go west young woman or think about staying out west
I am from Colorado and I have to admit at least Denver has a few neighborhoods with single guys like the Union Station area and Capitol Hill. Although even Capitol Hill is mainly couples now, a decade ago it was pretty much all single guys.

Denver is a married city but at least it is possible in the right neighborhoods like the Union Station area, Glendale and Capitol Hill on a good day to be around single guys.

Boulder does have a large segment of single guys in their 20s. I am slightly older but it gives hope and is a nicer environment to be around.

I have to admit out of all the western cities I have been in that Salt Lake City had the most single guys per-capita believe it or not.

Reno had more single men then I thought. Las Vegas signature industry is more female-oriented as far as career prospects so I had zero luck in Las Vegas.

I had some relatives that were thinking of moving to North Carolina but have decided not to yet. If they moved to North Carolina, I would immediately move to Florida.

Florida seems to be a state of variety except when it comes to weather.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:58 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
North Florida is actually not as hot and humid as most people think when they think of florida, and north florida actually has something approaching seasons and the beaches are amazing all over florida. I would just get on match.com or some single site and see whats out there, as a single woman you will have your pick of guys all over the country, much better than a bar. You get to at least learn a little about them than trying to talk to a guy after he has had a few beers at a bar.

Women have the upper hand in dating unless you have kids, than its tougher, probably better to meet divorced men or older men. A single women with kids is not an easy proposition for single guys to navigate through

Old 10-18-2016, 05:59 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,102,689 times
Quote:

The shortage of single men in Arizona is like the shortage of housing in San Francisco. Blue Moons are more common then single guys in Phoenix.

Columbus has a surprisingly large/thriving gay population. Our pride had over half a million attendees which is pretty impressive for a metro of 2 million people. Ohio State is one of the largest universities in the country (65,000 students, around 45,000 of which are undergrads). It's been consistently ranked as one of the most LGBT friendly schools in the nation and as an alumn I can attest to its inclusiveness.

I would also throw in Chicago and D.C. for having giant gay scenes if you're looking for a larger city.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:35 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,709,013 times
Maybe living in a McMansion dominated burb puts you in the middle of family-ville?

Old 10-18-2016, 08:38 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,878,536 times
Miami Beach is a pretty good place to be a single gal if you have any charisma or social skills, you can def reel in a rich international. I do not know what your job is but it is hard to get a high paying job here but you could do well working in bars and nightclubs but only the high end ones.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:40 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:

Generally, high COL crowded places will have more single guys, both in numbers and because it will take those guys longer to get to the point where they are financially ready for a family due to said COL

Old 10-18-2016, 08:49 PM

345 posts, read 531,085 times
I hear Denver nickname is Menver...so take that how you want.

As a guy, I would avoid tech cities and the west.

But you're a girl so head to the west. Cali, Seattle, Oregon, Colo, Vegas, etc.

Also down in the south I notice some texas cities, like dfw and austin, have lots of men. try that out. Also Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.