Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 07:14 PM

345 posts, read 530,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
The American South
Georgia
South Carolina
Alabama
Mississippi
Tennessee
North Carolina
Louisiana
Arkansas (including Missouri south of U.S. Route 60)
Kentucky (minus Cincinnati suburbs, including Missouri Bootheel)
North Florida (north of Orlando)
South Virginia (from just north of Charlottesville on southward, including most of Shenandoah Valley and the part of West Virginia south of Charleston)
again...I'm not into these whole sub regions (south florida, west texas, nova, etc all that bs). I'm talking about the whole south. And i know what the south is i travel alot i know what im talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 08:26 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtraveler1 View Post
again...I'm not into these whole sub regions (south florida, west texas, nova, etc all that bs). I'm talking about the whole south. And i know what the south is i travel alot i know what im talking about.
No, you do not.

My list is correct, Ok?

Old 10-31-2016, 09:47 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtraveler1 View Post
While Virginia may technically be a Southern State, you just can't count Northern Virginia as Southern. It has not a single aspect similar to other Southern States except its location. It's basically New England in every other regard. Wealthy, educated, liberal, democratic, high quality of living, cultured, healthy, etc.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:26 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,515,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
While Virginia may technically be a Southern State, you just can't count Northern Virginia as Southern. It has not a single aspect similar to other Southern States except its location. It's basically New England in every other regard. Wealthy, educated, liberal, democratic, high quality of living, cultured, healthy, etc.
........and self-righteous, stereotyping (of themselves and others), racially homogeneous, etc. lol. My in-laws live in the Boston/Cape Cod region and we talk about this sort of thing a lot and good naturely kid each other. Yet we know the stereotypes are generally untrue for the most part on both sides. That's why we joke about it. But all of the things you mentioned is an exaggeration of stereotyping of NE and, in the reverse of your comparison, exaggerating stereotypes of the South.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:33 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
No, you do not.

My list is correct, Ok?
It makes no sense to subdivide states when we're talking about entire states here. Even so, you omitted at least a portion of Texas in your list.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:04 AM

345 posts, read 530,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It makes no sense to subdivide states when we're talking about entire states here. Even so, you omitted at least a portion of Texas in your list.
Exactly!!!! Why would I care above Nova, its a small part of virginia and its basically just suburbs of dc. 99% of the state is southern. We're talking about the whole state I dont care about exceptions.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:42 AM

14 posts, read 11,313 times
This topic is pointless if Maryland is not included on the list.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:19 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
just not true that liberals are more educated. most poor people vote for Democrats. Democrats call Republicans the 'party of the rich'.

pretty sure there are tons of people in DC that are not healthy, and there is a ton of poor people in the DC metro. i thinkt he poverty is actually much worse there because of the much higher cost of living compared to other areas in the south.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:25 PM

79 posts, read 133,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
This topic is pointless if Maryland is not included on the list.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:21 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post

Y'all can talk about whole states, half states, sub states, whatever y'all need for the thread. Rank and play away.

I am just writing an accurate list.

And--Texas ain't part of The American South. Texas is...Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.