Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 01:49 PM

85 posts, read 86,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I wonder if there are any majority black cities that voted for Republicsn canidates, Donald Trump, Mitt Romney, John McCain, George W Bush, Bob Dole or George H.W. Bush in the last 7 Presidential elections, since 1992?
People are so obsessed with black people and their politics. Last year's election was so obssessed on how black people are going to vote. Not every black person thinks collectively. The mainstream media makes you think every black person is poor, a democrat or in love with Obama. That is driving force behind hyperpolitical landscape we are in today.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:58 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
Most Blacks may vote democratic, but they're mostly socially conservative (but fiscally liberal), so that is a pointless strawman that you're bringing up, since that has nothing to do with whether or not a city is liberal or conservative. Last time I checked, there's quite a few liberal cities (that are both socially and fiscally liberal) such as San Francisco, Seattle, Boulder, or Portland that are liberal and do not have large black populations.
But are those cities truly liberal? San Francisco definitely is along with Seattle. But Portland and Boulder are the opposite extreme of what youre talking about. They arent racially progressive at all. But they are exactly what white people think of when the term "liberal" is used.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:17 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,220,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
People are so obsessed with black people and their politics. Last year's election was so obssessed on how black people are going to vote. Not every black person thinks collectively. The mainstream media makes you think every black person is poor, a democrat or in love with Obama. That is driving force behind hyperpolitical landscape we are in today.
Okay?! So damn obsessed with everything us awful negroes do or think all the time...we're so hated by a lot of these stormfront members who post here, and yet they can't keep us out of their thoughts and discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post
But are those cities truly liberal? San Francisco definitely is along with Seattle. But Portland and Boulder are the opposite extreme of what youre talking about. They arent racially progressive at all. But they are exactly what white people think of when the term "liberal" is used.
I never said anything about racial progress. I was saying those cities are typically socially liberal, but that doesn't always mean that they're going to be 100% liberal on every single thing. A lot of liberal cities are NOT black-friendly at all, but they may be liberal on other issues. I certaintly don't think Portland and Boulder are socially conservative, and I doubt you think that too. However, I do agree that they are what a lot of white people think of when it comes to "liberal" cities. I'll throw Austin in there too, though it's a far more diverse city than PDX or Boulder.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:28 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
Quote:
However, I do agree that they are what a lot of white people think of when it comes to "liberal" cities.
I would think many people of all races would think of those cities as 'liberal cities'.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:31 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,619,106 times
Quote:
Most Blacks may vote democratic, but they're mostly socially conservative (but fiscally liberal), so that is a pointless strawman that you're bringing up, since that has nothing to do with whether or not a city is liberal or conservative. Last time I checked, there's quite a few liberal cities (that are both socially and fiscally liberal) such as San Francisco, Seattle, Boulder, or Portland that are liberal and do not have large black populations.

You already know the answer to this...or was this just an excuse for you to complain about "the blacks" again?
Blacks are socially conservative? I don't know that I agree with that or not. Besides a high percentage who attend church on a regular basis, in what other ways generally socially conservative?

Why do you say I was "complaining about the blacks" ? I wasn't complaining about anybody. The point I was wanting to make is the Republican party seems like its about 85 to 90% white; and the Democrat party I would estimate about 55% white and the remainder blacks, Asians, Hispanics, and other minorities. I would estimate at least 90% of blacks who vote, will vote for the Democrat.

I dont have any issues with black people, or any people for that matter. I like anybody who likes me. I can't help it. If somebody is nice to me, I'm nice to them. I don't care what color they are. It's the individual that's importanr, not the race.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
In general, more educated areas of the country are liberal.
There is no correlation between political ideology and education.

I think the other night the Democrat did better in the poorest part of the district, northern Dekalb County.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:07 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times
Call me weird but I like living either in a conservative city of a liberal region or a liberal city in a conservative region.

Trends I see in Liberal/Conservative cities (not all apply in all cases):

Liberal Cities:

- More nightlife

- More organic stores

- More green-friendly technology

Conservative Cities:

- More pick-up trucks

- More churches

- More sports

Old 06-22-2017, 09:12 PM

I never realized nightlife is about liberalism, or politics at all.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:13 PM

6 posts, read 3,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
There is no correlation between political ideology and education.

I think the other night the Democrat did better in the poorest part of the district, northern Dekalb County.
Wrong......

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethi...for-trump/amp/
"Highly educated adults – particularly those who have attended graduate school – are far more likely than those with less education to take predominantly liberal positions across a range of political values. And these differences have increased over the past two decades."
http://www.people-press.org/2016/04/...ucated-adults/

How we voted

Old 06-22-2017, 09:14 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I never realized nightlife is about liberalism, or politics at all.
Neither are organic stores or green technology. We're talking about correlations and trends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.