Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Western Part of America is the Least Racist Part of America
Agree 26 30.59%
Disagree 59 69.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 09:34 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,139,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
I’m sure Black folks would not agree with this at all.

Also I do feel that I hear more about Whites attacking Asians more on the west than I do in the Northeast.
Makes sense. There are a lot more Asians on the west coast than in the Northeast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 12:54 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,401,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Makes sense. There are a lot more Asians on the west coast than in the Northeast.
NYC can square up with any city on the west as far as Asians go and I still don’t hesr as much about racist activities towards them but like another poster said the west coast had a history of this that’s even spread down to Hawaii!

Old 03-01-2018, 12:55 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,401,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip91 View Post
Look up posts by Do A Barrel Roll on this subject, he is black and agrees that the Western states are much better for black folks.
That’s his opinion but we don’t have as much Hispanic on black hate here in the Northeast or white on Asian.
And we don’t refer to all Hispanics as illegals on this side neither!

Old 03-01-2018, 02:16 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
I think so and this is related to how easy it is to be invisible in the West. People mind their own business in the West (in general of course). I would also say whites are less judgemental of other whites in the West....people are less likely to care about your social class, your education, what church you go to or if you go at all. Part of this is because Westerners are often generally not interested in others. This is both good and bad but part of the good is this I don't care about you...just leave me alone attitude results in less racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.