Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 08:44 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,552,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
I wonder,, do you know why that is? Why do Asians and Latinos hate blacks? Just curious They don't hate white's or have any racism towards whites at all? Interesting,,, have heard this though
I can't speak for Latinos, but the Asians I know don't hate blacks. Actually the Latinos I know don't as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
I'm black and don't consider myself conservative but I most certainly do not believe that Hillary Clinton supports my rights. I also believe that you can't definitively say why someone votes the way they do. To me, as a black man, I have trouble understanding how other black men could vote for Hillary Clinton given her history of supporting harsh prison sentencing on black men, her past support of the prison industrial complex, and her implementation of community policing in black communities. She called black children super predators and in the same breath said that it didn't matter how they got that way. That doesn't mean that I will stop being friends with anyone black who voted for her. I don't know why they voted for her. It could be one small part of their life that she promised to make better. It is not any of my business. Its the same way with those on the right. Just because they voted for someone you don't agree with doesn't mean you know why they voted.
She supports harsh prison sentences on black men, or all criminals? Did she say blacks deserve stiffer sentences? If you think she's anti-AA, check the other side of the aisle.

If I were gay and you didn't believe I should have the same rights as a straight person, we probably wouldn't be good friends. Same with being Asian.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:51 AM

1,023 posts, read 911,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
She supports harsh prison sentences on black men, or all criminals? Did she say blacks deserve stiffer sentences? If you think she's anti-AA, check the other side of the aisle.

If I were gay and you didn't believe I should have the same rights as a straight person, we probably wouldn't be good friends. Same with being Asian.
But that isn't what the conversation is about. It's about assuming that someone doesn't think you should have those rights based on who they voted for. I also don't want to make this into a Hillary Clinton debate because that wasn't the focus of my response. That speaks to my point, though. These days, once a political side is named it becomes impossible for people to parse information and see the overall point being made. Heck, I didn't even say if I was on the right or left, just that I didn't like Hillary but you spent three sentences picking that apart and only one responding to what I actually said(Bolded). There is also the issue with the lesser of two evils statement you made(check out the other side of the aisle). Wrong is wrong and you still are assuming you know my stances on issues I never spoke about.

Last edited by mpier015; 06-26-2018 at 09:11 AM..

Old 06-26-2018, 08:59 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
............ But of all the places I've lived, only in the South did people choose to be friendly to my face, yet vote behind my back..................
That's probably the most ludicrous position taken by anyone in this thread.
You get to judge who cares about your human rights, and I must take your word for it. Then, if we are to remain friends, I must vote for who you have chosen.

That is really, really...... out there.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:19 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That's probably the most ludicrous position taken by anyone in this thread.
You get to judge who cares about your human rights, and I must take your word for it. Then, if we are to remain friends, I must vote for who you have chosen.

That is really, really...... out there.
I mean, if you don't support my right to be an equal citizen, don't bother being my friend. Pretty simple. I'd rather spend my time with and put my energy into a friendship with someone who fully supports my equal human rights. I have friends of all political beliefs, but I draw the line when someone chooses to support an outspoken opponent of equal human rights. Idc about your beliefs on taxes, trade, international conflict, public transit funding, etc. That's all debatable and you're allowed to disagree on that. But I do not want to spend my time with someone who supports politicians actively seeking to destroy the equal human rights of all people.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:50 AM

2,426 posts, read 2,476,042 times
Quote:
I can't speak for Latinos, but the Asians I know don't hate blacks. Actually the Latinos I know don't as well.

I think it depends on the State too.. I know here in Georgia, they tend to get along pretty well and don't hate blacks, not to mention some are friends but I don't seem to see a lot of intermarrying or interracial relationships in GA though. Now some states and places I go to I have seen a lot of Black-Asian and Black-Hispanic marriages with kids and interracial relationships. I always hear the bad blood thing between the groups in California and some times in Florida, mainly in Miami sometimes between Black and Cubans. I get the whole gist though,, I think people as a whole, if your decent don't like Ignorant and believe me I can find plenty of Ignorant in all races but that's where you have to be careful not to stereotype. I catch my self because I'm guilty my self even as a Black man in my own race of stereotyping the next black man. Things aren't always what they seem,, even on C-D and these cities we tend to stereotype before we visit or know what they are really all about!!!

Last edited by oobanks; 06-26-2018 at 09:59 AM..

Old 06-26-2018, 10:01 AM

2,250 posts, read 2,162,785 times
That you have to duel for a lady's heart.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
But that isn't what the conversation is about. It's about assuming that someone doesn't think you should have those rights based on who they voted for. I also don't want to make this into a Hillary Clinton debate because that wasn't the focus of my response. That speaks to my point, though. These days, once a political side is named it becomes impossible for people to parse information and see the overall point being made. Heck, I didn't even say if I was on the right or left, just that I didn't like Hillary but you spent three sentences picking that apart and only one responding to what I actually said(Bolded). There is also the issue with the lesser of two evils statement you made(check out the other side of the aisle). Wrong is wrong and you still are assuming you know my stances on issues I never spoke about.
What do I think is your stance? You brought up Hilary as someone who is out to get the black man, not me.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:33 AM

1,023 posts, read 911,288 times
Quote:
What do I think is your stance? You brought up Hilary as someone who is out to get the black man, not me.
If that is all you took from everything that I said then ok. Also, I never said any of that. Out to get the black man, lol.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:34 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,540,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
I mean, if you don't support my right to be an equal citizen, don't bother being my friend. Pretty simple. I'd rather spend my time with and put my energy into a friendship with someone who fully supports my equal human rights. I have friends of all political beliefs, but I draw the line when someone chooses to support an outspoken opponent of equal human rights. Idc about your beliefs on taxes, trade, international conflict, public transit funding, etc. That's all debatable and you're allowed to disagree on that. But I do not want to spend my time with someone who supports politicians actively seeking to destroy the equal human rights of all people.
I really don't think you can see the forest for the trees, mate. You need to drop that self absorbed world view you got there or you're never going to be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.