Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 06:54 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times

Advertisements

Probably Texas. DFW is one big strip mall with some skyscrapers in the background.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 07:09 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Probably Texas. DFW is one big strip mall with some skyscrapers in the background.
*Sigh*
Highland Park Village is one of the best commercial districts I've seen.

http://hpvillage.com/

Old 10-17-2018, 07:11 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,809,142 times
Quote:
Most major areas in Texas and the Sunbelt is like that. Shoo cross the River in New Orleans and you would swear you were in Texas. Manhattan in Harvey reminds me of Westheimer 15 years ago

Old 10-17-2018, 07:51 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
*Sigh*

Home Page | Highland Park Village

Thats Dallas. I'm talking about places like Garland, Richardson, Grand Prairie, Irving, Mesquite, etc.

Even Denton, where I lived for two years, and has a cute little square with historic shops, diners and bars, is mostly strip malls in its north and east and south sides. Its a little better around UNT.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Thats Dallas. I'm talking about places like Garland, Richardson, Grand Prairie, Irving, Mesquite, etc.

Even Denton, where I lived for two years, and has a cute little square with historic shops, diners and bars, is mostly strip malls in its north and east and south sides. Its a little better around UNT.
You specifically referred to DFW in its totality. Too late for dissembling.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:30 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Florida, hands down.They can't mow down trees fast enough here in the Orlando area to keep with the "demand" of yet another strip mall soon to be occupied by such exclusive tenants as a nail salon, Subway, wireless phone store, check cashing store and if lucky a pizza delivery chain.
I thought Miami was bad but Orlando is grotesque in this regard.
It gets worse to the north in nearby Seminole county where it's basically nothing but 95% strip malls.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I thought Miami was bad but Orlando is grotesque in this regard.
It gets worse to the north in nearby Seminole county where it's basically nothing but 95% strip malls.
I don't know which is the bigger nightmare, International Blvd or Hwy 192 to Kissimmee.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:05 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Quote:
*Sigh*

Home Page | Highland Park Village
Highland Park Village is more of an anomaly than the norm in a city like Dallas. Its a beautiful shopping center in a beautiful neighborhood, but that is a pin in a sea of sprawl known as Dallas/ Ft Worth.

Side note, Highland Park was actually bought/ founded by a group of Philadelphia investors who wanted to mimic the Main Line communities found outside of Philadelphia in Dallas.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Highland Park Village is more of an anomaly than the norm in a city like Dallas. Its a beautiful shopping center in a beautiful neighborhood, but that is a pin in a sea of sprawl known as Dallas/ Ft Worth.

Side note, Highland Park was actually bought/ founded by a group of Philadelphia investors who wanted to mimic the Main Line communities found outside of Philadelphia in Dallas.
And yet it serves as a counterpoint to inane statements such as this:

Quote:
DFW is one big strip mall with some skyscrapers in the background.
Interesting side note, however.

Old 10-18-2018, 12:04 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Quote:
And yet it serves as a counterpoint to inane statements such as this:

Interesting side note, however.
How on earth was my statement insane? Put your pro Dallas agenda aside and call a spade a spade.

Highland Park Village is hardly representative of the Dallas aesthetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.