Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 04:45 PM

66 posts, read 101,325 times

Advertisements

Hello guys/gals. It's been a while since I've posted here.

I listened to a lady being interviewed about how she visited a city in Arizona for a spa retreat and it just felt like she was "at home." However, she thought about all the reasons why she couldn't move there: she didn't know anyone, it would be difficult to sell her home etc. Some time later, she decided to get her astrocartography chart done and the exact city in Arizona was listed as one of the best places for her to live though I'm not sure if it was the number one place for her to live. In a matter of a week or so, she listed her home and realized that one of her old friends lived in the city and found a new house etc. It's been "bliss" ever since lol. I really loved this story and it inspired me to get one done for myself but it wasn't my first time "playing" around with astrocartography.

A few years ago, I tried to do my own astrocartography chart via a free astrology website. It was a worldwide chart and it was just plain confusing with the lines going here and there. It wasn't helpful at all. After hearing this lady's story, I decided to pay someone on Etsy to do mine and it was inexpensive. It has all of my "best places" listed by category with the actual names of the cities so no trying to figure out what line runs through what city. I got the U. S. version; I might do Europe or worldwide next. Some of the places in my report were surprising and some were right on.

I still want to relocate so I found this very helpful even if I just decide to visit these cities and never move to them. Today I pulled my report back up and this time instead of just looking up the city/town, I put in the latitude and longitude coordinates which are included in the report to get very specific details on my "best place." It was funny seeing the results. For example, in the "Vocation/Career" section, I got a city hall, a community theatre, and a few dead end streets or intersections in these cities/towns that were specific to my chart for "vocation/career" lol.

Anyone ever done this and used this as a guide for relocation? I did see some old threads on here from years before in another section but I was wondering if people were using this as a relocation tool in 2021 and beyond.

Last edited by HoneyNMint; 09-17-2021 at 04:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 04:53 PM

107 posts, read 107,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyNMint View Post

Anyone ever done this and used this as a guide for relocation? I did see some old threads on here from years before in another section but I was wondering if people were using this as a relocation tool in 2021 and beyond.
I guessing no. I think most people who even have an interest in this are just in it for the entertainment aspect of it and don't take it seriously.

It is an interesting idea to at least find out more about the places that were recommended and maybe possibly visiting them (without going to the extreme of moving there).

Old 09-17-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerUSA45 View Post
I guessing no. I think most people who even have an interest in this are just in it for the entertainment aspect of it and don't take it seriously.
Yes, this is probably true as well. But on the flip side I think that those who go through the process getting this done whether they do this themselves or pay someone for it, are really using it as guide whether to confirm or even narrow things down (you can also get a specialized report on just your top 2 or 3 cities which is far more detailed). Some are using it for curiosity and for wanting to know what else is out there besides that one city they are thinking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerUSA45 View Post
It is an interesting idea to at least find out more about the places that were recommended and maybe possibly visiting them (without going to the extreme of moving there).

Oh yes definitely. You certainly don't have to move to every place listed especially since it could be hundreds of cities lol. For me, it did confirm what I knew for one city and for the rest it gave me more options in that specific category. Trust there are some places you've never heard of lol that will show up on the chart but I like that it uses your personal info so every chart will be vastly different.

Thanks for answering.

Old 09-17-2021, 05:12 PM

6,374 posts, read 4,987,814 times
I did the free one on astro.com. Most of my lines are in the middle of nowhere or over the ocean, but a few of them pass by major US cities.

Chiron/AS Line (Passes by Las Vegas, NV)
Longer contact with these lines alters the understanding of yourself, and the way in which you appear to the world.

Saturn/DS Line (Passes by Anchorage, AK)
Your relations along this line undergo a re-evaluation period. If you have decided to opt for a separation or solitude, a stay in these regions can soon produce positive results.

Neptune/IC Line (Passes by Atlanta, GA and Cincinnati, OH)
A meaningful way to comply with the theme of these regions is to withdraw to the safety of your private life. Positive examples of making this a reality are meditation, a holiday in nature and quiet days spent in the tranquility of a monastery.

Mercury/AS Line (Passes by Cleveland, OH and Asheville, NC)
Communication is most important here. The urge to search for new knowledge to broaden your mind makes you reach out for intellectual challenge. Your thinking becomes more subtle, you learn new languages, and attend institutions that further your education.

Old 09-17-2021, 05:13 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,203,209 times
There’s an “Unexplained Mysteries & Paranormal” section fyi. There are some posters there that are fairly knowledgeable about this subject, probably more so than this one.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:41 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,848,510 times
This doesn't belong in a serious forum.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:00 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,288,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Good thing this is City-Data.

Old 09-18-2021, 07:31 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,750,180 times
Quote:
uh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Good thing this is City-Data.
yeah.

Especially General U.S., which seems to be a shoot-the-breeze and share-your-opinions type of place.
Personally, I like that.

I haven't used it for relocation but astrocartography seems as legit as a lot of the other stuff people use, like asking a bunch of emboldened strangers what they think.

Old 09-18-2021, 09:48 AM

16,070 posts, read 10,729,796 times
My daughter had her palm read on vacation some years ago and the guy told her that I would move to NM. I don't know how that worked on her palm but, voila!, I'm in New Mexico.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:37 PM

Quote:
This was a "serious" topic for me and it was also a "fun" topic. If it's in the wrong forum then a moderator can move it as they have the authority. I have a list of the best cities for family/friends, career/vocation and other categories so you best believe that I will take a closer look at these cities seeing as how I have been pretty much "stagnant" especially in terms of career in the place I currently reside. Since this is a general forum, I don't see what the problem is by asking if others used the same service.

Last edited by HoneyNMint; 09-18-2021 at 06:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.