Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:54 PM

334 posts, read 1,268,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
Los Angeles

4 seasons are boring, how are you suppose to swim in 20 degree weather? how are you suppose to bicycle in mounds of snow?

add that to the smelly humidity everywhere but the west experiences in summer and youve got a recipe for boredness
How can you ski without snow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 02:05 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,261,841 times
Quote:
I would have to say Chicago and miami and maybe Atlanta
Well, everyone seems to have different definitions of best weather. Chicago in January and February certainly do NOT fit my definition of best weather. Now a Chicago summer usually does.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:14 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsGiantsIndiansfan2008 View Post
How can you ski without snow
on a lake, river, bay, or ocean...

If you want to snow skiing then that's what the mountains are for....

Old 09-10-2008, 02:19 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,025,241 times
I would have to say Albuquerque----it usually only reaches 100+degrees only a couple times a summer, the winter is pleasant and sunny but nights are cold, fall is very very nice and spring is windy but very nice also, its really a mild 4 seasons.

We have our monsoon season and it snows a few times a year and its sunny almost all the time, I dont see how someone could not like sun all the time, its just dosent seem like day time without sun.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:58 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
Los Angeles

4 seasons are boring, how are you suppose to swim in 20 degree weather? how are you suppose to bicycle in mounds of snow?

add that to the smelly humidity everywhere but the west experiences in summer and youve got a recipe for boredness
WTF is "boredness"?

You dont bicycle in 20 degree weather, instead you strap on some skis or ride a snowmobile. You know, those things you CANT do in L.A.

Hey everybody, L.A. must be some kind of mecca because you can ride a bike in winter. And fall. And summer. And spring. Hell, you better get used to riding a bike because thats about all youre gonna do with your lack of winter sport activities.

FYI... You can keep your seatless bicycle and ride it around all day, everyday. Sounds like a lot of "fun" day in and day out. Well, I guess it could be kind of interesting riding a bike in L.A. if you learn how to hop over earthquake crevices, ride through fire and dodge bullets, etc. Just be careful that Lindsay Lohan isnt around when you ride though.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You dont bicycle in 20 degree weather, instead you strap on some skis or ride a snowmobile. You know, those things you CANT do in L.A.

Hey everybody, L.A. must be some kind of mecca because you can ride a bike in winter. And fall. And summer. And spring. Hell, you better get used to riding a bike because thats about all youre gonna do with your lack of winter sport activities.
Did you not notice those huge 8,000 to 10,000 foot mountains behind LA where you can do those things within a relatively short drive? Or the Sierra Nevada's a few hours north of LA?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:31 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Did you not notice those huge 8,000 to 10,000 foot mountains behind LA where you can do those things within a relatively short drive? Or the Sierra Nevada's a few hours north of LA?
Well if thats the case, then I can drive 4 hours south of Chicago where its warmer with a lot less snow and ride a bike in the winter.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:29 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,760,758 times
Quote:
Well if thats the case, then I can drive 4 hours south of Chicago where its warmer with a lot less snow and ride a bike in the winter.
Chicago skiing sucks...

Old 09-10-2008, 05:36 PM

304 posts, read 904,552 times
Quote:
4 hours?

the mountain in L.A are in city or county limits

u mad

Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 PM

The last time I went skiing in Big Bear was just after a storm a week earlier dumped a few feet of new snow. Then we were driving back down the mountain and b/c of some Santa Ana winds you could see all the way to LA on the way down and when we got back down to the valley floor it was probably still around 75-80 degrees after sunset. Nowhere else in the US that even possible, to ski during the day then be back home in 75 degree weather afterwards. I don't think a 4 hour drive in any direction from Chicago will bring you that kind of variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.