Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:55 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,346,935 times

Advertisements

Some of the rowhomes in Scranton were "company homes" so they do have a lousy reputation as low income housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,470,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
So, I'm guessing you mean only poor people live in rowhouses? Because that's just stupid. From my understanding, Soulard and Lafayette Square in St. Louis are nices places to live. In fact, most of us probably couldn't afford those beautiful rowhomes in Lafayette Square.
Sure there are million dollar rowhomes in Philadelphia too...they're just a little bigger and use better materials but they're still too close for comfort for me.
It's the same in NYC,celebs have their rowhomes in Greenwich Village or whatever. And it's fine if you don't mind living packed together and your space violated...

Old 12-16-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Sure there are million dollar rowhomes in Philadelphia too...they're just a little bigger and use better materials but they're still too close for comfort for me.
It's the same in NYC,celebs have their rowhomes in Greenwich Village or whatever. And it's fine if you don't mind living packed together and your space violated...
Some of the rowhouses are expensive and nice looking, but I agree, I need space between my house and the one next door.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Some of the rowhouses are expensive and nice looking, but I agree, I need space between my house and the one next door.
Yea I know we used to live in NJ,the most densely packed state but that's taking things a step too far

Old 12-16-2008, 04:55 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,560,709 times
Quote:
Space may be tight...but violated? There are walls between the buildings.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
I mean as soon as you step outside you're basically violated. Once I saw a couple drunks pull over in a car and puke on someone's sidewalk

Old 12-16-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I mean as soon as you step outside you're basically violated. Once I saw a couple drunks pull over in a car and puke on someone's sidewalk
And you can hear any arguements/fights your neighbors are having, among other things, w/o trying to listen to anyone.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:57 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,488,459 times
People have been living in close quarters for thousands of years. Why is it suddenly a problem?

Sure, not everyone wants to live in a row house. But that doesn't make living in a row house a bad thing.

There is only about 10 feet between my house and my neighbors' houses. It was a little strange when I first moved in, but I quickly got used to it, and don't notice it anymore. I'm not afraid of accidentally seeing my neighbors when I walk out the front door.

Youngstown doesn't really have any row houses. There are apartments that were probably company houses for steel workers. But, they look like 4-6 typical 1920's style houses jammed together.

Here's one for sale in my neighborhood:
Youngstown Real Estate - 1693 Mahoning Ave, Youngstown, OH 44509 multi-family property for sale - Cutler Real Estate

Old 12-16-2008, 05:58 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,560,709 times
Quote:
Like a drive-by vomiting? That is kinda funny and kinda gross at the same time.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:04 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
Those walls just aren't thick enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.