Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:13 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times

Advertisements

Washington
Oregon
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 09:17 PM

536 posts, read 2,154,716 times
Scenery: Oregon
Things to do: California
People to see: Nebraska
Vacation: New York

and something, im not sure what.... draws me to New Mexico.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:19 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,796 times
Oh great. Here we go again with you two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
It's ok there hapy, one day you will open your mind and realize that being bitter and judgemental is a terrible way to go through life. in the mean time, keep on making the rest of us laugh!
Firstly, sweetclimber, by your very own comments you have just proved that you are a hypocrit. I have only come to remember your name from the endless arguments you make about how Texas is the greatest state in the world, the next best thing since sliced bread, and the inventor of everything from the shiny rock to the internet. Yet your arguments only reinforce a widespread stereotype that Texas carries a huge chip on its shoulder the size of California.

happ, same thing to you. You need to find better use of your time than hitting the refresh button every half minute in order to reply and make these stupid comments about Texas. You are not doing any favors for California, beleive me. Let it go. Your resentment towards Texas is but a display of your paranoia that Texas might actually be a direct competitor with California as the "Greatest State in the History of the Galaxy."

Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,796 times
Quote:
Here you go everyone, proof that several hateful bitter Californians come out of nowhere and bash places they have never been too! Troll alert! Perfectly good thread ruined once again by one of the "golden state's finest"
My comment was merely a point I was making at lpacontact who say that Texas will be the greatest after California and Florida get swallowed up into the ocean, and New York will basically be A-bombed by terrorists.

Firstly, I find it pathetic that any American says stuff such as this, wishing the worst for a US State, and all for the self-glorification that they may say, "I live in the biggest, most populous state in America."

Secondly, doesnt saying something like this imply that your state, whether your from TX, WA, MASS, MOON, imply that your state really isnt that great to begin with? Because obviously, if you need an act of god or terrorism to catapult you to the top it pretty much says that the others are better than you.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:53 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
wesside
happ, same thing to you. You need to find better use of your time than hitting the refresh button every half minute in order to reply and make these stupid comments about Texas. You are not doing any favors for California, beleive me. Let it go. Your resentment towards Texas is but a display of your paranoia that Texas might actually be a direct competitor with California as the "Greatest State in the History of the Galaxy."
You need to read before making accusations. Here's my first comment on this thread about Texas:

Quote:
happ
Good for you [Texans are proud of their state & I admire that about them
I am responding to sweetclimber's usual trash talk about California. Speaking of sweetclimber, I have been in Texas many times including Amarillo\ Dallas\ Houston\ San Antonio [which I enjoyed immensely], El Paso, etc. I know many Texans & admire their loyalty to their state even if I don't always agree about how "great" Texas is

Old 08-24-2008, 10:03 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You need to read before making accusations. Here's my first comment on this thread about Texas:

I am responding to sweetclimber's usual trash talk about California. Speaking of sweetclimber, I have been in Texas many times including Amarillo\ Dallas\ Houston\ San Antonio [which I enjoyed immensely], El Paso, etc. I know many Texans & admire their loyalty to their state even if I don't always agree about how "great" Texas is
And I was responding to someone elses usual trash talk about Texas! I like some things about California, but I also don't like some things too

Old 08-24-2008, 10:19 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,901 times
Scenery: Colorado, New Mexico
Things to do: California, Nevada
People to see: Colorado
Vacation: Florida

Old 08-25-2008, 12:28 AM

2,316 posts, read 7,822,511 times

Old 08-25-2008, 08:56 AM

10,068 posts, read 14,449,392 times
Quote:
Best states are Texas and New York
texas is a wonderful state filled with the friendliest and most hard working and honest people. A wonderful place to live
New York has some of the best history and natural beauty. and is also a grat place to live.

California is the most unpleasent stressed out place in the country. A place with alot of angry and stressed out people. Perhaps it is all the wildfires, pollution and illegals!
Texas has some nice geography, but it's prone to tornadoes and hurricanes, and the coast is like a muggy swamp--I couldn't handle it year-round. I LOVE Austin, and San Antonio is nice as well. Houston and Dallas are too sprawling and overgrown/growing.
I couldn't deal with TX conservative politics and lack of gay-friendly laws.
As for NY--it is a beautiful state too--but outside the NYC area, NY state is too cold with awful winters and too much snow.

I like a lot of CA--although it does have too many earthquakes, fires, mudslides, etc. San Fran is gorgeous, as-is the coast along the Pacific.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:05 PM

3 posts, read 34,671 times
California is my pick! Many people are happy in the north part! =]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.