Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
West Coast 71 49.31%
East Coast 73 50.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:04 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,943 times

Advertisements

I live on the east coast but I have been to the west coast many times.

IMO it is the East coast that is better.
The weather is certainly less predictable but the ocean is a lot more accessible, the water is warmer, everything is closer together, Europe a quick jump away, no earthquakes, no wildfires, no mudslides...etc.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 4,147 times
when I think of the east, it just seems dark/dingy/smelly/old/cold...not a happening place at all

when i think of the west , i think of brightness/sunny/everything fresh/new

id much rather drive my own car then have to take a smelly old train everywhere, lol

id much rather be on the beach in january than locked away in some dirty slush

the west seems way more diverse too..and you never hear anyone say "i wanna go to the east!" its always "im going to cali!!" (easterners call it cali , lol..no one in west hollywood does)

Old 11-15-2008, 10:24 AM

203 posts, read 689,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marielle_love View Post
when I think of the east, it just seems dark/dingy/smelly/old/cold...not a happening place at all

id much rather drive my own car then have to take a smelly old train everywhere, lol

the west seems way more diverse too..and you never hear anyone say "i wanna go to the east!" its always "im going to cali!!" (easterners call it cali , lol..no one in west hollywood does)

Lol. Come on its not that bad! I'm from the East however its been my dream to live in Cali for a while now, simply for the great weather and hot girls

Old 11-15-2008, 10:45 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,145,507 times
the West coast

Old 11-15-2008, 10:49 AM

204 posts, read 752,499 times
Both coasts

Old 11-15-2008, 10:52 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,619,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
I live on the east coast but I have been to the west coast many times.

IMO it is the East coast that is better.
The weather is certainly less predictable but the ocean is a lot more accessible, the water is warmer, everything is closer together, Europe a quick jump away, no earthquakes, no wildfires, no mudslides...etc.
The Atlantic ocean is much colder than the Pacific. If you are referring to the Northeast as the "East Coast." But only SoCal has water temps as warm as the Northeast during summer. The Atlantic gets very cold during winter.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:03 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,227,761 times
Quote:

No offense personally but this sounds like the rantings of your typical west coast slacker. Enjoy your January days lounging on the beach while we try to carry your dead weight and save/run a country over here on the east coast.

And thanks for the housing and credit fiasco. West Coast Dreamers, you gotta love em. The forclosure in CA is up 327% this year. In metro Philadlephia 1 in every 1500 houses are in foreclosure, in California 1 in every 200 houses are in foreclosure.Nevada? 1 in every 146 houses are in foreclosure. Nice work gang.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:12 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,553,446 times
Quote:

Old 11-15-2008, 02:53 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,506,745 times
East Coast. End of the ****in story.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:55 PM

89 posts, read 303,469 times
both coasts are home to snobbiest, rudest people in america. so neither
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.